Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why is my ex all of a sudden doing more to see the kids while we are waiting...

...for the judge decision on custody? We have had the final hearing of a custody / divorce that has been going on for almost 2 years. My ex left me for another man. During the first year of our separation, my ex barely saw the kids, even telling them to move on, she would not see them. After one year, she filed for divorce claiming she had the kids, and wanted child support and spousal support. Thankfully the judge realized that I had had the kids though, and I was awarded temporary custody.
    Throughout this past year, since she filed, she has ONLY done specifically what was granted her thru court. I have tried to get her to take more time with the kids, but she keeps saying "no, I will stick to whats on the paper".
    In the mean time, I have started a relationship (that I was in before she even filed her paperwork), that just so happens to be with someone who lives almost 3 hrs away. After 7 months I decided I wanted to move to be closer to my new girlfriend, and filed intent to move paperwork with the courts.
    Two weeks ago, after almost 6 months, we finally concluded our trial, and we are now awaiting the decision from the judge. All of a sudden, she is starting to go to the kids lunches, and asking to pick them up from school on friday's, when the current order gave her time on Saturdays, because she works second shift.
    I am very uneasy because I am not sure why she is all of a sudden doing more than she ever has, when court is already over.
    Does anyone have any suggestions on what she is doing or why?
    the trial is over already so she can't block it. all testimony has been heard. i think i am going to win, which is why i dont understand her sudden interest.

also, if she would actually answer a question of mine truthfully and without playing games, i would ask her.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She's either preparing to try for custody by showing interest or found out that the more time spent with kids,the less money she'll pay for support.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information