Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Problem with browser and Google Maps on E61

I've had an E61 since July of 2006 and recently when i enter the browser or use google maps the number keys don't work for the functions they used to (for example, pressing 8 in the browser used to give you an overview of the page it no longer does, as does pressing the numbers to switch between directions in google maps.) Just wondering what the solution to this is. Thanks

There is a separte Google maps app. use or wap browser in the phone and surf to www.google.com/gmm
    and download the app

still didn't solve the problem. Problem is that for some reason pressing the number keys doesn't do anything in any internet mode. For example in google maps you need to press like 2 - 3 to switched between destinations or directions. This no longer works. Also pressing i think it was 1 and 3 while in the browser mode used to change zoom levels, now i have to go through the menu for this

Have you upgraded the firmware? These shortcuts use the blue function key on any firmwares above the original shipping firmware. If you haven't upgraded, then I'm stumped.

That's exactly what the problem is. He must have upgraded and not realized that the blue function key must be pressed for every web based application. One of my regrets for upgrading the FW as the initial FW I had was stable as can be.

Doh, lol seemed simple enough too bad i didn't think of that. Thanks for the help

Why on earth would you think of that? Pretty un-intuitive if you ask me!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information