Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

12 months backpacking. africa or south america?

i currently have 2 and a half months left of my trip through south asia. obviously ive started thinking about having to go home, and figure if my job goes well then in another 2 years ill be able to afford another 12 months backpacking, but i need to choose a continent to work towards, especially considering each one requires learning at least some of the local language.

my favourite countries on this trip have been india, myanmar, cambodia, and indonesia is currently making a good impression (albeit after only a month).

i love historical sites, political and ancient, love trekking on all terrains, hate the whole fat-white-people-getting-drunk-on-a-beach scene, relaxing makes me feel uneasy (like im wasting money), so i want a destination thats intense, heady and full of action. a little danger doesnt scare me either.

so, africa or south america? answers preferably from people that have been to one, or both.

cheers

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you thought about Central America? I went to Nicaragua last year, and it's a rough country, dangerous and beautiful (kinda dirty though)....

I've never been to either of the other places you mention. But, I did meet alot of traveler's from South America, and they were great. You can avoid the fat beach go'ers, and hike the volcanoes (the country has been devastated by them for centuries, so they're constantly rebuilding)

Hope that helps ya!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information