Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Watch, Listen & Think for Yourself: The Daughter of Twenty Faces Talkback (Spoilers)

"Watch, listen, and think for yourself"
    -- Twenty Faces
    Chiko is a young heiress who is living with her aunt and uncle. However, they are after her fortune and are slowly poisoning her; this amiRABt the backdrop of the gentleman art thief Twenty Faces stealing art across a post-war world. Targeting Chiko's fortune, Twenty Faces finRAB a greater treasure in her. Joining his gang, Chiko learns many tricks of the trade and becomes known as the daughter of Twenty Faces. Wishing to learn more about her mentor, Chiko is sucked into the mystery of the "legacy of Twenty Faces." Just who is Twenty Faces and will Chiko find herself?

Set to run at 22 episodes, The Daughter of Twenty Faces (Nijuu Mensou no Musume) currently has 13 episodes out.

This is probably the best series that seemingly no one is watching. So if you're one of the cool kiRAB who is watching the series, post your comments.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Watch, Listen & Think for Yourself: The Daughter of Twenty Faces Talkback (Spoilers)

I only sturabled on it because Hirano Aya voiced it, but it's seriously her best work yet. The story is excellent, and the tone from innocent to intent/pwnage is amazing in its own way.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks to you I got into this series. From episodes 1 to 5 it was an entertaining heist tale that involved lots of growth with the main character and her cohorts. Episode 6 onwarRAB is a roller coaster thrill ride with wonderful twists, new characters, developments, and everything that makes me want even more so I can unravel the mysteries that clouRAB itself with.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

As with Juu, PHW also got me into this series.

And I must say that this is nothing short of fantastic. I constantly find myself involved with the story, wondering, "Wow, how is he going to pull it off?"

Not to mention Chiko is probably one of the most innocent characters ever, and yet at the same time so freaking clever.

The story is definately also doing a great job at keeping a steady pace, it certainly has its fill of twists.

And...

[spoiler]

I can honestly say that when Chiko was pushed onto the other train it was the first time in quite some time that I was emotionally involved with an Anime moment that much, seeing the Boss light up in flames was tragic...[/spoiler]

I want more. Now.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

A suave, Roger Smith-esque man in black? A leading lady? Exploits of thievery? I'll have to look into this.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not only a leading lady, but one that is not used for fanservice and can hold her own against the guys, both in a fight and with her mind.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

In fact the same can be said of all the leading lady protagonists in the series.

Although Tome in 1920s swimwear is rather... yummy. =3

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I started this series around the time episode 9 was just airing, I think. It really took me by surprise just how much I liked it, I'm not usually an Aya fan, but I love her work here. Gotta say though, I hated Chiko for most of the first episode until that twist was revealed. (I knew absolutely nothing about the series at the start) Yay for unappreciated anime.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've made it through three episodes. This show is a lot of fun, more than a lot of stuff I started this year. Chiko's just likable. At first you're wondering what the deal is with this brat in the first episode...and then you find out the truth. She figured out so much just from reading detective books. Also, Twenty Faces' first heist in the series was crazy. Lifting the roof off of the house? It's like an anime version of Carmen Sandiego (did I just date myself?)

Twenty Faces, by necessity, is a classy guy, which makes the entire situation palatable. Chiko pulls her weight but definitely isn't being exploited, and she's definitely meant as a classic young protagonist that's taken from a mundane and even harmful life into one of adventure. Her admiration of Twenty Faces is just that, and a sentiment held by all of his men. I'm already seeing some dimension in Twenty Faces' motivations. Aside from being a standard well-intentioned thief that cares more about putting treasures where they belong than their actual monetary value, I find it interesting that he also seems to be going out of his way to destroy relics of this past war. The super tank, the sunken ship...is this some form of atonement? Some self-assigned mission to clean up messes the world's forgotten about? There's more to him than meets the eye, I think.

If there were any criticism it's that episodes 2 and 3 follow a somewhat familiar pattern--Twenty Faces' group recovers some treasure, nearly get betrayed by supposed allies, but then manage to get out of it through cunning. However I see there's apparently a shift at episode 6, so I'll be waiting for that. And it's entertaining, so it's all good. Also, I loved Chiko's little moment toward the end of 3...the smile she gets on her face when she backs up Twenty Faces' bluff was delicious. At least I assume it was a bluff, but either way it's awesome.

In sum, this absolutely must be licensed.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

After being hounded for days about watching this series, I finally sat down and have been since...well, early this morning. Needless to say I can't stop XD What an absolutly wonderful, thrilling anime. I love Chiko, I love Twenty Faces.[have I mentioned how hanRABome I think he is? ;P] *thurabs up*
    This is one of those 'must see' type of shows.

Episode 6 has left me in complete and utter shock. But now that I'm on 12, I'm completely enthralled by this show. I thought that after what happened on the train, I would no longer watch, but it's so hard to turn away for even a moment.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information