Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Sam J

2001 yamaha r1 noise?

when i rev upto 4000 it makes like a arrrrr noise just before im going to tap second and also just before 3rd too.and then after cant really hear anything what could this be?
    what is a gear tooth missing? does that mean its not worth spending and fixing because costs etc... or is it common?

Nate
    I've never heard of a gear tooth missing on a bike, but I suppose it's possible if you wheelie a lot and abuse your bike...

an arrrrr noise isn't very descriptive, my guess would be that at that RPM the frequency of your engine resonates into some other part of your bike causing it to shake and rattle (most likely part of your exhaust system). Does it make this noise when your stopped in neutral?

If so, it probably does point to an engine problem, but not necessarily, sorry you just can't give the information necessary for a diagnosis, if it's really that bad and your worried about it, take it in.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information