My parents a threating to keep my son and take me to court over it if my husband comes down with orders to move to DC, He had told her that he doesnt like daddy.(only because he makes them mind) and my mom gets that all blown out of porportion. He doesnt lay a hand on them, he doesnt yell at them.he just makes them mind..because it frustrates him when they dont listen to me bc they dont!!..You see..When I had him I was living with my parents at the age of 20. Me and my husband met when he was 5 months old and he is the only father he has ever known. We now have 2 other children 4 and 5 but he is closer to nana and papa than the other two are. We have been here for 7 years and my parents knew that this day would come eventually and the only reason not sooner bc he was constantly being deployed. I have a feeling that they are telling him "lies" to get him to want to stay with them. ie..he told me he wanted to stay bc papa told him he would not have to go to school. Hes 7 btw. Im not sure what to do..it still is a while before we leave, but I really do think my partents are serious about keeping him and taking me to court over it. My parents can barely survive with it being just the two of them, let alone put a kid in the mix. There is no way they can financially take care of a child..he's my child and I would prefer to raise him not the same my parents raised me...My mother will sit and smoke while hes in the room..which bothers me alot. They fight alot...both are hooked on pain killers, my mom pops at least 4 xanax a day. And she always will talk negative about my dad right in front of my son, and or tell him negative things about my dad..