Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Which breed of dog would be suitable to our housing arrangements and taste?

My housemate and I are currently renting on a 5 acre property, we've spoken to the owners (who also live on the property) and they are happy for us to have a puppy, so long as it "doesn't eat their chickens". The owners also have 5 horses, 2 dogs and 2 cats, along with the numerous chickens, which are NOT restricted. There is also a possibility of cows in the future. The fencing around the property is in no way 'secure', its a typical farm fence, which is easy to climb through, some areas have electric wire running through it, but would not stop a dog from leaving the property, as it could easily go under the wire.

At the moment we've been researching different breeds, and were really interested in a husky, until we considered the problems around fencing. We are looking for a breed which is medium-large in size, is good with children, would walk daily and is obviously good with the other animals I've mentioned. Preferably something fluffy, with a thick or double coat, as it gets extremely cold in winter and the sun can be harsh in summer.

The other breeds we were looking at were the great pyrenees, samoyed, german shepard and border collie....however my housemate is in slight disagreement with the last two, as she wants a white dog. And although some german shepards are bred to be purely white, they're expensive.

Any suggestions??

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Boxers Rock have had two great in all homes, with all animals if not them go to Petfinder.com and they will tell what each dogis good or bad with like all those animals, kids, home alone, and security for you. I got mine on petfinder they have all ages of dogs too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information