I have been going out with this girl for about 4-5 weeks, not more, and things have been a little shaky. I few nights ago I walked out of my shower and caught her reading my text messages. She was angry at me because I had called some girls by pet names, like honey and sweetie. In my eyes it was totally innocent. I did not mean anything romantic by it. I am a bit of a flirt, I will admit that, and I often call my friends that are girls sweetie, but I do not mean anything by it. If she is uncomfortable with it, I would rather she talks to me about it then sneaks around like this.

I am angry because she did not trust me enough to not read my text messages. I feel that she invaded my privacy. I do not feel that she has the right to do that, not after a month of dating. I have never, or so I thought, given her a reason not to trust me. I still want to give this a chance but I don't know how to. How do we continue from this? I feel that if there is no trust in a relationship, then it is pointless. I need her to trust me. What do I do?