Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    The Future Mrs.

outdoor wedding; What is a great way to have ceremony music at an outdoor wedding?

We are on a very fixed budget, and I need ideas for outdoor ceremony music. I have though of a stereo or boombox, but I'm not sure of who to do the music seems everyone close is either in the wedding, or are parents and of course they want to watch the ceremony. The Invite includes 80 guests.
    Please help?????

Mother M
    I attended an outdoor wedding ceremony where the music was provided by a violinist...beautiful and inexpensive and...best of all...NO glitches with a stereo or boombox

Princess W
    Find a CD that you like and play it during the wedding, or record your own CD of your favorite songs and play that. I had someone play the piano during my wedding. She's played at lots of my friend's weddings, and wasn't really a close friend of the family, so I didn't mind asking her to do it.

coloradosnoflake2
    an ipod with the portable home dock speakers maybe?
    are you hiring a DJ for the reception? Ask him if you could pay him a small fee to sit through the ceremony and work the boombox.

I DJ Weddings
    If you're having a DJ for your reception see if he has a sound set-up for the ceremony (as I DO!) that can be used.
    I only charge $20 extra for that mos est service.
    A decent DJ should have the formal music or that of your choice.
    My portable sound system that I use for the ceremony takes just 10 minutes to set up.

DigitalDiva
    I am having an outdoor ceremony also, and we are just going to set up speakers and a CD player to play Canon in D as I walk down the aisle. Either that or we will get someone to perform playing guitar as I walk down the aisle. My brother has an amplifier that we can use, and my family also has a microphone to put in front of the guitar. A few years ago, my brother and I performed at our cousin's outdoor ceremony. I sang and he played guitar. We used his amp and our microphone. You should check with family members and see if anyone has any stereo equipment that you can borrow - that way it doesn't cost you anything. Canon in D (Pachelbel) actually sounds really nice on the guitar if you know someone who plays.

DigitalDiva
    I am having an outdoor ceremony also, and we are just going to set up speakers and a CD player to play Canon in D as I walk down the aisle. Either that or we will get someone to perform playing guitar as I walk down the aisle. My brother has an amplifier that we can use, and my family also has a microphone to put in front of the guitar. A few years ago, my brother and I performed at our cousin's outdoor ceremony. I sang and he played guitar. We used his amp and our microphone. You should check with family members and see if anyone has any stereo equipment that you can borrow - that way it doesn't cost you anything. Canon in D (Pachelbel) actually sounds really nice on the guitar if you know someone who plays.

I DJ Weddings
    If you're having a DJ for your reception see if he has a sound set-up for the ceremony (as I DO!) that can be used.
    I only charge $20 extra for that mos est service.
    A decent DJ should have the formal music or that of your choice.
    My portable sound system that I use for the ceremony takes just 10 minutes to set up.

Princess W
    Find a CD that you like and play it during the wedding, or record your own CD of your favorite songs and play that. I had someone play the piano during my wedding. She's played at lots of my friend's weddings, and wasn't really a close friend of the family, so I didn't mind asking her to do it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information