Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cricket to Launch Android Phone

Three different plan structures were discussed in this thread. One of them is correct. Don't forget that Cricket wants to compete against the bigger carriers more than the other prepaid carriers. Their prices will be competitive compared to the big carriers. Metro may have a $50 plan, but Metro also doesn't offer 3G data. Boost has an Android device, but it's on iDen! I just can't appreciate a smartphone that has sub dial up speeds like iDen. Plus the Boost device is 1.5, and may not be upgradeable on your own, because of PTT. I think Cricket will definitely have the best value in the market.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wirelessly posted (sam-r550 UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Do you have any phone pricing information or information on how much the plan is going to cost? if they are not going to compete with boost mobile i might switch. Keep in mind you can use any sprint phone and it is still 50 a month. Do you think cricket will be similar to that?

True, but let's say Boost Mobile got the Kyocera Zio also (which was rumored). Then, it would be more comparable, right?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh ment to add.

**if anyone needs a Zagg invisible shield for the Zio (full body). I bought one, and obviously don't need it anymore. don't want to trash it, so would be happy to send it (free in the 49 state USA)) to anyone who needs it. Just send me a PM. **

So first person

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, I understand what you mean. I'm starting to think myself that it would make more sense to switch carriers, even if it means getting a contract and splitting the bill with family or friends. Sprint would come out to $35/month with 1,600 Shared Minutes and Unlimited Any Mobile, with the unlimited messaging and data, if I split the cost of the employee plan with four friends.. I think that's a pretty good deal, even if it does require a contract!

I don't know, I think I'm going to wait as of now and see what happens with the Zio and Cricket before taking any steps to change anything. I'm hoping for the best!

Enjoy Sprint!! It looks like you got the Evo, which seems to be a nice phone! If I went to Sprint, I think that'd be the one I'd get too, even though I'm not in a 4G area (but close to one..).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You're assuming that the price for the ZIO will be $75 a month? In one of my earlier posts I mentioned that previous speculation in this thread on the plan was correct. There were 3 options suggested and the highest anyone else had suggested was $60 for everything...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

If thats the case. Thats great news for Cricket customers.
    And would make them a bit cheeper than the sprint plan I signed up for.
    Cricket 3x60 = 180 -$10(multi line, 300 roaming min) = $170
    Sprint 3 lines(including 4G tax, 1500 roaming min) = $179

But as mentioned the biggest decider for me was data roaming which isn't possible with cricket. Just couldn't justify a smart phone with no access to data for most of the time I'd be using it.

I liked Cricket, and if I could have gotten data service where I work, I'd probably still be with them.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you take the $60 rate, and add taxes, which come out to about $7/month in my market, that would come out to $67/month for the plan. That's $17/month too high in my opinion.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I agree that a $60 plan is too high. Cricket's two biggest competitors in the prepaid wireless segment (Boost and Metro PCS) offer an unlimited everything smart phone plan for $50. Neither of those competitors offers 3G, though and I think this is how Cricket will attempt to justify the price difference, instead of making the smart business decision and offering a better experience for the same price.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

boost is not $50 dollars a month for Unlimited everything for smartphones. I believe it is $60 dollars for the blackberry plan. But I tell you what, better not be sleeping on Virgin mobile, they are creeping up on all pre-paid service carriers.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information