I want an interpretation of itt because I read it off his book and I dont understand what it means..can anyone help me??

And heres the poem...

One chair, alone in the jungle In the vines' tight grip a sacred tree groans. Other vines spiral skyward,bloodspattered creatures howl deep within the shadows, giant leaves drop from the sky. A snake shakes the dry rattles on its tail, a bird flashes through the foliage like an arrow aimed at a flag while the branches shoulder their violins. Squatting on their flowers, insects pray without stirring. Our feet sink in the black weeds of the jungle sea, in clouds fallen from the forest canopy, and all I ask for the foreigner, for the despairing scout, is a seat in the sitting-tree, a throne of unkempt velvet, the plush of an overstuffed chair torn up by the snaking vines--yes: for the man who goes on foot a chair the embraces everything, the sound ground and supreme dignity of repose!
Get behind me, thirsty tigers and swarms of bloodsucking flies--behind me, black morass of ghostly fronds, greasy waters, leaves the color of rust, deathless snakes. Bring me a chair in the midst of thunder, a chair for me and for everyone not only to relieve an exhausted body but for every purpose adn for ever person, for squandered strength and for meditation. War is as vast as the shadowy jungle. A single chair is the first sign of peace.