Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Deltakiral

Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself.

Welcome to ANN, this is the introduction thread/Meet your fellow ANN forum goers. Feel free to answer any of the categories that you feel comfortable answering and if you want to post a picture go ahead. Also if you think there's a category not listed go ahead and put it down.

EDIT: The old introductions thread can be found here. I've converted it to a farewell thread, so use it if you must say goodbye to us. ~Zalis

Name: Lets just go with Delta for now, I am sure some of you already know my name thanks to Mr. Sexy voice.

Sex: Male

Blood Type: AB negative.

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity:1/4 German, 1/4 Italian, 1/4 Czech and 1/8 English with a 1/8 Scottish.

Religion: Agnostic, I was a practicing Catholic for many year.

Pets: One cat, an all black cat that is quite large, he actually adopted me a few years ago.

Drink/Smoke: Drinks socially and doesn't smoke (except hookah on special occasion)

Likes: Posting, talking about Monster, starting threads on New shows. Comedy clubs, and big screen TV's and his automobile.

Dislikes: Uma Thurman's feet....did you see Kill Bill? I rest my case.

Favorite anime: Monster, Fullmetal Alchemist, Evangelion, GITS, Count of Monte Cristo,

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Naoki URASAWA's manga are basically all I read although I have enjoyed Kenshin manga along with Fullmetal Alchemist and the recently started enjoyed Blue Dragon RalΩGrado. Also loves all books/manga related to .hack.

Favorite Books:Timeline, Dracula, Lord of the Flies, Great Train Robbery, Rainbow Six, Catcher in the Rye, Count of Monte Cristo, d'Artagnan Romances (aka Three Musketeers/The man in the iron mask among other stories.)

Favorite game: Zelda II: Link's Adventure/Chrono Trigger/Final Fantasy VI (aka III in the states) probably the games that I have the fondest memories of. Although has enjoyed the new .hack//G.U. series.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Pan's Labyrinth, Seven, Fight Club, Long Stock and two smoking barrels, Boondock Saints, The Office, 24, Heroes, Bad MTV reality shows, Mythbusters(Basically all Discovery shows), South Park, Around the Horn, Sport Center,Ultimate Fighter, The Soup.

Favorite Drink: Chocolate Vodka with a splash of club soda.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Coke, Nesquik, and assorted Gatorade flavored drinks.

Favorite Foods: I've recently started enjoying the Japanese style of breakfast with Miso soup and rice, sometimes with salad, loves In and Out for lunch, and for dinner benihana, probably steak and shrimp. That would be a very good day of eats in Delta opinion. Also I just started getting into Sushi and its definitely different, somethings are good and some are really gross. BBQ Chicken Pizza, Ribs, Eggs and homemade French toast and hash browns.

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, Kotaku, Dave and Joel, Slickdeals, Ebay and is a Myspace junkie.

Favorite Sport (to watch):Hockey, Baseball, Football, Auto racing, (Formula One primarily) and UFC.

Favorite Sport (to play):Baseball, Track and Field, Football, I'd love to race cars, but bumper cars are still cool to me.

Favorite Music: I listen to a little bit of everything, but I do listen to a lot of emo, screamo, good ole rock, and I do love Techno remixes....has a love for Ace of Base also, along with bad music from the 80s.

Job: Demographic Traffic (and analysis) for Nissan.

Hobbies: Photography, Handguns, playing classic video games, snowboarding, relaxing on the beach playing some Frisbee, watching classic cinema (from way back in 1992 :wink.

Fun facts about Delta:
    :arrow: Has two fakes hibs
    :arrow: Spent a year in a wheelchair (playing NES most of the time)
    :arrow: Has a concaved chest
    :arrow: Listen to Podcast (of all sort of varieties) probably more then normal music
    :arrow: First concert was for Smash Mouth ops:.
    :arrow: Recently found a love in Handguns and loves the CZ-75BD.

Favorite Quotes: From the Count's pocket watch "Mors certa hora incerta."
    Latin eath is certain; its hour, uncertain

From Evangelion "But people can't really understand themselves, much less each other. Understanding 100 percent of anything is......impossible. That why we spend so much time trying to understand are own motivations, and those of others. That's what makes life so interesting.

Provehito In Altum: Latin for "dive into the unknown"

From Revelation Chapter 13 verse 1 and 4: And the dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. He had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on his horns, and on each head a blasphemous name. Men worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast and asked, "Who is like the beast? Who can make war against him?"

One of the final scenes with Eva and her doctor (from the series Monster):"People are so strange," "Sadness keeps fading away and only happy memories remain. People sure have a convenient make up" his answer; "That's why we can keep on living."

Pictures:A picture from last weekend.
    Having some fun after work
    One of boys and my Dad, the gentlemen on the far left in my sister bf.
    Having a nice dinner with my buddies.
    This is going to seem odd but here's me with Santa Claus....
    This is a photo of my younger brother and myself at a wedding.

Many Edits later: Updated my profile with photos and lots of things....

one3rd

Meet ANN

Sounds harmless enough.

Name: Alex

Location: Currently in Boston, MA for school, but my heart is still back at home in Maplewood, MN (near St. Paul).

Religion: Christian, Protestant I guess, but I don't think it's really important whether you're Protestant, Catholic, or Orthodox. I think it's rather unfortunate that politics and personal rivalries have made such divisions, but I think most people are able to get past these differences most of the time.

Drink/Smoke: Can't stand the taste of alcoholic drinks and I find smoking repulsive.

Likes: Music, music, and music. I may be on an anime forum, but I spend way more money and time on music than on anime. I mostly shop for used CDs since they're cheaper although I guess that doesn't support the artists. But most of the bands are broken up or something anyway. I still buy new CDs frequently, though. More often newer releases by bands that still exist. These three links should be able to give you a good idea about my taste in music if you explore them thoroughly enough. I also like to be very precise and over-analyze things. Well, maybe it's not so much something that I like as it's just something that I do. See? I'm being precise! I think this is why most of my recent posts have just been correcting factual errors. I like reading sci-fi and fantasy novels too I guess.

Dislikes: Bad music. I won't be any more specific so we don't need to start any ugly arguments or debates. Also, seafood.

Favorite anime: Full Metal Panic! & sequels

Favorite game: I'm not really much of a gamer. I tend to prefer real-time strategy Japanese style RPGs.

Fun facts about one3rd: Fun facts? I'm not so sure if there are any. I played in a band, now broken up, for about a year called Arsenal Of Venice. I don't feel bad about plugging it since the band is broken up! I left the band so I could attend music school in Boston and I should be done in December.

Pictures: I don't really have many pictures of myself. Here's one of me that looks like a disembodied head. I suppose it's fairly obvious that the picture was altered with some photo editing software.

frentymon

Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself.

I swear, everytime I'm gone for more than...8 hours, some strange new thread pops up. Oh well, I'll play.

Name: Let's stick with "frentymon".

Location: Currently in Shanghai suffering as the heat gets exponentially worse every day (man, it was 27C the day before yesterday too, now it's ~36, bound to get even worse...)

Marital Status: single

Religion: Atheist

Drink/Smoke: The former recently only because in China no one cares about drinking age.

Likes: Anime, bishoujo games, manga, J-pop, seiyuu, Japanese cartoons, light novels, anything else that wasn't obvious enough already. Also, chess, music, useless organizational stuff like that Discussions Thread, looking at scenary.

Dislikes: Cynical people, heat, crowded trains.

Favorite anime: Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Mai-HiME, Twelve Kingdoms, Zettai Shounen, Honey and Clover, Scrapped Princess.

Favorite Manga: Battle Royale, Bokurano, 20th Century Boys.

Favorite game: Starcraft, Pokemon series, Chrono Trigger.

Favorite Drink: Melon Soda.

Favorite Foods: Rice?

Favorite Sport: Tennis, badminton.

Favorite Music: Jazz, classical, J-pop (Halko, KOTOKO, Mami Kawada, Yui Horie, Yukari Tamura, Ayumi Hamasaki, Mikuni Shimokawa, Minami Kuribayashi, Yoko Takahashi, other people), rock, techno.

Fun facts: I actually find all the mundane forum-searching chart-making stuff I sometimes do here entertaining. Oh and I just watched Akagi and I agree that it's a manly-man anime for manly-men.

one3rd

Meet ANN

Sounds harmless enough.

Name: Alex

Location: Currently in Boston, MA for school, but my heart is still back at home in Maplewood, MN (near St. Paul).

Religion: Christian, Protestant I guess, but I don't think it's really important whether you're Protestant, Catholic, or Orthodox. I think it's rather unfortunate that politics and personal rivalries have made such divisions, but I think most people are able to get past these differences most of the time.

Drink/Smoke: Can't stand the taste of alcoholic drinks and I find smoking repulsive.

Likes: Music, music, and music. I may be on an anime forum, but I spend way more money and time on music than on anime. I mostly shop for used CDs since they're cheaper although I guess that doesn't support the artists. But most of the bands are broken up or something anyway. I still buy new CDs frequently, though. More often newer releases by bands that still exist. These three links should be able to give you a good idea about my taste in music if you explore them thoroughly enough. I also like to be very precise and over-analyze things. Well, maybe it's not so much something that I like as it's just something that I do. See? I'm being precise! I think this is why most of my recent posts have just been correcting factual errors. I like reading sci-fi and fantasy novels too I guess.

Dislikes: Bad music. I won't be any more specific so we don't need to start any ugly arguments or debates. Also, seafood.

Favorite anime: Full Metal Panic! & sequels

Favorite game: I'm not really much of a gamer. I tend to prefer real-time strategy Japanese style RPGs.

Fun facts about one3rd: Fun facts? I'm not so sure if there are any. I played in a band, now broken up, for about a year called Arsenal Of Venice. I don't feel bad about plugging it since the band is broken up! I left the band so I could attend music school in Boston and I should be done in December.

Pictures: I don't really have many pictures of myself. Here's one of me that looks like a disembodied head. I suppose it's fairly obvious that the picture was altered with some photo editing software.

NGE1113
    Well, with the "Introductions/Welcome" thread meeting its demise, guess it's time to do it again...

Name: Jeff

Blood type: O-

Marital Status: Single.

Ethnicity: British, Irish, Scottish, Swedish, Welsh.

Religion: Lapsed Roman Catholic.

Drink/smoke: Have not smoked, nor do I ever plan on doing so. I drink only on occasion (to be social, birthday, New Year's).

Favorite music: Soft rock and oldies. However, I'm not picky, and listen to whatever others put on.

Favorite sports to watch: College sports, far and away, especially JMU football and college basketball. That, and MLB; With DC finally having a team of its own, I developed a surprisingly quick interest in the sport.

Favorite sport to play: Basketball.

Favorite games: SNES: Illusion of Gaia, Earthbound, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Link to the Past; GB/GBC/GBA: the Dragon Warrior franchise, Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages/Seasons (both of which remain unfinished ^_^').

Favorite anime: Azumanga Daioh, Berserk, Boogiepop Phantom, Cowboy Bebop, Elfen Lied, Haibane Renmei, Key the Metal Idol, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Now and Then, Here and There, Texhnolyze.

Favorite manga: Boogiepop, Excel Saga, and Hellsing to a large degree. Also, Cromartie High School and Neon Genesis Evangelion to a smaller degree.

Other animated interests: The Simpsons (for nostalgia's sake), The Venture Bros., Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, Space Ghost: Coast 2 Coast, The Critic.

Other non-animated interests: Stephen King's The Dark Tower series, history, geology, writing, and currency collecting (mostly bills, but some coins as well), as well as stuff pertaining to transportation.

Likes: Cool, cloudy days (no idea why); long drives in the (sadly decreasing) countryside; extra time; a good number of my interests noted above.

Dislikes: Indecisive people who still haven't made up their mind while they've been standing in line for five minutes; drivers who lack any kind of etiquette/courtesy; UPS; people who refuse to accept the virtues of hard work; state and federal legislatures that don't have the political onions to admit higher taxes are necessary to maintain a crumbling infrastructure.

Favorite food: Chinese food, pizza, occasionally Fuddrucker's.

Favorite drink: Jack and Coke.

Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Coca-Cola.

Education/employment: Got my associate's in foodservice management doing part-time classes while working full-time. After that, applied and was accepted to James Madison University to pick up my bachelor's in the same field. Currently employed (during summers and breaks) by a family restaurant chain that does the majority of its business in the northeast.

Favorite websites: ANN, CAA Zone (for discussion of JMU athletics)

Favorite quotes:
    "If you're going to do something, do it right, or don't do it at all."

Fun facts about NGE1113:
    Was quite the band geek back in high school. Converted from the trumpet to the euphonium, and made it onto three consecutive All-District Bands during high school.

Some marching band bloopers:
    During a performance, I lost a shoe on the field. The result: two of the trombones playing behind me nearly went down after walking on it.

At one of the higher rated competitions, I somehow managed to wedge my shoe into one of triangular-shaped yard markers, and dragged it for ten to twenty feet.

From what others have told me, I've made it onto TV (CBS, Comcast Sports Net) twice in my life. The first occurred at a Georgetown basketball game in the 80's at the Capital Centre, back when the feed from nationally televised games was also used as the in-house CCTV feed. My father looked up at the center court TV screen, and saw me on camera as the camera crew faded in from a media timeout.

The other occurred in the winter of 2009, when JMU hosted George Mason. Following the victory, there was a rush at center court (first win in the last ten tries over our rival), but I got out there late. With no one else around me, I was easily visible on the camera pointed towards the huddle of students. I later learned from one of my roommates that his parents had seen me on TV. He saw it as well; for some reason, highlights from the game were broadcasted at Verizon Center during a Washington Capitals game that he attended.

Pictures: Sorry, not at this time.

EDITS:
    Added a few things, rearranged and reordered some other things.

Psycho 101
    Well, why not. If Bamboo says she thinks it would be fun I can play along. I'm a sucker for cute women in authority. I'm the same as Delta, wanna know anything else (not sure why you would) just ask. Pics may or may not follow, gotta find some first then determine if I wanna embaress myelf that much.

Name: Redbeard, Mario Batali, Iron Chef Psycho, or just Sean

Marital Status: In a relationship with a beautiful and wonderful woman.

Ethnicity: About 60% Irish and 40% Scottish. It also seems someone in my family got into the Navajo wood pile.

Blood Type: I am O+ and I donate at least once a year, usually twice.

Pets: I live with my gf's 2 cats Sammy and Boo. My dog Frosty lives with my parents. When I moved out the last time (3rd time lol) I left her with them as they could use her company and vice versa. I live 10 minutes away so I see her plenty.

Drink/Smoke: I drink all the time but I'm not an alcoholic though. I just like to drink my liquor. Lots of people love soda, I love rum, vodka, and lots of other drinks. Don't smoke cigs but sometimes an occasional cigar.

Likes: Anime duh lol. I also like drinking, bowling, shooting pool, watching movies, collecting all sorts of junk (I'm a packrat), going to concerts, hanging with friends, making money, and my number one thing to do is cook. Pretty good at it too.

Dislikes: Arrogant people, back stabbing cheating people, alcoholics, any sort of bigot or racist, animal abusers, bugs (god I can't stand bugs), and people who needlessly waste food. Also dislike people who thrive on and love putting down others behind their backs but won't say anything to their faces. Like my ex gf Andrea for example.

Favorite anime: Oh My Goddess, "X", Haibane Renmei, Vampire Hunter D:Bloodlust, Fatal Fury, 12 Kingdoms, You're Under Arrest, Samurai X, Ninja Scroll, Ai Yori Aoshi, Getbackers, Black Lagoon, Kurau, Witchblade, Hellsing Ultimate, Claymore, Shuffle, Tehxnolyze, K-On, Clannad, and Street Fighter II V

Favorite Manga: Oh My Goddess, Ai Yori Aoshi, Saiyuki, Getbackers, Vampire Hunter D novels, Bleach, Black Lagoon, Lone Wolf and Cub books, Battle Vixens, Aria, Negima, Sundome, Rosario + Vampire, Blood Alone, Galaxy Angel, Deadman Wonderland, and Peepochoo.

Favorite console games: Max Payne 1 & 2, Resident Evil series, Silent Hill series, Halo (especially online), Forza Motorsport, Final Fantasy series, "Shining" RPG series, Lunar RPG games, FInal Fantasy series, FEAR, GTA IV, Wet, and NHL 10.

Favorite PC games: Diablo 2, any Sid Meier's game (pirates and civilization), Rappelz online, Command and Conquer franchise, Sims 2 & 3, the old Mechwarrior games, and Plants vs Zombies.

Favorite Bands: Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Mindless Self Indulgence, Amaran, Within Temptation, Disturbed, Aerosmith, King Diamond, Iced Earth, Poets of the Fall, KMFDM, Kidney Thieves, Guano Apes, Jem, Linkin Park, Rob Zombie, Blind Guardian, Frank Sinatra, The Corrs, Bon Jovi, Lullacry, Miles Davis, Kamelot, Sick Puppies, Tea Party, and many many more.

Favorite Authors Jim Butcher, Kim Harrison, Laurel K Hamilton, Patricia Briggs, George Martin, R.A. Salvatore, Brian Jacques, Glen Cook, David Weber, Richard Laymon, Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Bentley Little, Tom Clancy, Mercedes Lackey, and J.R. Tolkien.

Fun facts about the Psycho:
    I wear pretty much nothing else but Hawaiian shirts in the summer and fall.

I have a fairly good sized historical weapons collection.

I love to cook and can make almost any kind of dish from any country.

I would love to one day learn Gaelic and Latin.

I plan to travel to a new spot around the world every 3 years once I turn 30. I wanna see the world (or what's left of it at that point).

I am an avid anime figure collector. Mostly resin and PVC models. My collection has expanded over the years to the point of needing it's own room.

Photos: So the old photo of me is no more. This one however is from a week ago at my friends wedding, I'm the second on the left. The one who looks like Mario Batali.

edit--- So after several years I figured it was time for an update.

Psycho 101
    Well, why not. If Bamboo says she thinks it would be fun I can play along. I'm a sucker for cute women in authority. I'm the same as Delta, wanna know anything else (not sure why you would) just ask. Pics may or may not follow, gotta find some first then determine if I wanna embaress myelf that much.

Name: Redbeard, Mario Batali, Iron Chef Psycho, or just Sean

Marital Status: In a relationship with a beautiful and wonderful woman.

Ethnicity: About 60% Irish and 40% Scottish. It also seems someone in my family got into the Navajo wood pile.

Blood Type: I am O+ and I donate at least once a year, usually twice.

Pets: I live with my gf's 2 cats Sammy and Boo. My dog Frosty lives with my parents. When I moved out the last time (3rd time lol) I left her with them as they could use her company and vice versa. I live 10 minutes away so I see her plenty.

Drink/Smoke: I drink all the time but I'm not an alcoholic though. I just like to drink my liquor. Lots of people love soda, I love rum, vodka, and lots of other drinks. Don't smoke cigs but sometimes an occasional cigar.

Likes: Anime duh lol. I also like drinking, bowling, shooting pool, watching movies, collecting all sorts of junk (I'm a packrat), going to concerts, hanging with friends, making money, and my number one thing to do is cook. Pretty good at it too.

Dislikes: Arrogant people, back stabbing cheating people, alcoholics, any sort of bigot or racist, animal abusers, bugs (god I can't stand bugs), and people who needlessly waste food. Also dislike people who thrive on and love putting down others behind their backs but won't say anything to their faces. Like my ex gf Andrea for example.

Favorite anime: Oh My Goddess, "X", Haibane Renmei, Vampire Hunter D:Bloodlust, Fatal Fury, 12 Kingdoms, You're Under Arrest, Samurai X, Ninja Scroll, Ai Yori Aoshi, Getbackers, Black Lagoon, Kurau, Witchblade, Hellsing Ultimate, Claymore, Shuffle, Tehxnolyze, K-On, Clannad, and Street Fighter II V

Favorite Manga: Oh My Goddess, Ai Yori Aoshi, Saiyuki, Getbackers, Vampire Hunter D novels, Bleach, Black Lagoon, Lone Wolf and Cub books, Battle Vixens, Aria, Negima, Sundome, Rosario + Vampire, Blood Alone, Galaxy Angel, Deadman Wonderland, and Peepochoo.

Favorite console games: Max Payne 1 & 2, Resident Evil series, Silent Hill series, Halo (especially online), Forza Motorsport, Final Fantasy series, "Shining" RPG series, Lunar RPG games, FInal Fantasy series, FEAR, GTA IV, Wet, and NHL 10.

Favorite PC games: Diablo 2, any Sid Meier's game (pirates and civilization), Rappelz online, Command and Conquer franchise, Sims 2 & 3, the old Mechwarrior games, and Plants vs Zombies.

Favorite Bands: Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Mindless Self Indulgence, Amaran, Within Temptation, Disturbed, Aerosmith, King Diamond, Iced Earth, Poets of the Fall, KMFDM, Kidney Thieves, Guano Apes, Jem, Linkin Park, Rob Zombie, Blind Guardian, Frank Sinatra, The Corrs, Bon Jovi, Lullacry, Miles Davis, Kamelot, Sick Puppies, Tea Party, and many many more.

Favorite Authors Jim Butcher, Kim Harrison, Laurel K Hamilton, Patricia Briggs, George Martin, R.A. Salvatore, Brian Jacques, Glen Cook, David Weber, Richard Laymon, Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Bentley Little, Tom Clancy, Mercedes Lackey, and J.R. Tolkien.

Fun facts about the Psycho:
    I wear pretty much nothing else but Hawaiian shirts in the summer and fall.

I have a fairly good sized historical weapons collection.

I love to cook and can make almost any kind of dish from any country.

I would love to one day learn Gaelic and Latin.

I plan to travel to a new spot around the world every 3 years once I turn 30. I wanna see the world (or what's left of it at that point).

I am an avid anime figure collector. Mostly resin and PVC models. My collection has expanded over the years to the point of needing it's own room.

Photos: So the old photo of me is no more. This one however is from a week ago at my friends wedding, I'm the second on the left. The one who looks like Mario Batali.

edit--- So after several years I figured it was time for an update.

UKfan
    Name: Aaron.

Sex: Male.

Marital Status: Single.

Drink/Smoke: Drink a lot, rarely. Can't stand smokers.

Likes: Watching anime, buying anime, sci-fi and fantasy books and movies, listening to most music, science.

Dislikes: Gangsta rap, boy bands, snobs.

Favorite anime: Anything with a Giant Robot in, anything by CLAMP also Elfen Lied, Last Exile, Nadia, Ah! My Goddess and Ghost in the Shell.

Favorite Manga: Angel Sanctuary, Please Save My Earth! and anything CLAMP.

Favorite games: Skies of Arcadia: Legends (GCN), Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX (PS1) and Final Fantasy X (PS2).

Favorite Drink: Wine (sweet and fruity).

Favorite Foods: Fish and chips in curry sauce, pizza, lasagne, fried breakfast, anything sweet and sticky.

Favorite Book: A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson, also anything by Terry Pratchett.

Favorite Sport: Football and Cricket.

Favorite Music: Anything that isn't Gangsta rap or sung by a boy band.

Fun facts about UKfan: I wear contact lenses but not many people know that, I've worked part time as a Butcher for the past 10 years, if I didn't spend all my money on anime I'd buy a telescope.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, why not? Most of what I'm saying here is already available in my Staff Profile or the one done in Protoculture Addicts #90 (which also includes a slightly out-of-date photo) anyway.

Name: Theron (yes, really)
    Location: Indianapolis, IN (and, unlike Mylene, I wouldn't willingly live elsewhere).
    Marital Status: Single and looking.
    Religion: Non- now, originally Methodist.
    Drink/Smoke: Never have and unlikely to ever start.
    Likes (beyond anime/manga): American comic books, history, RPGs (especially Dungeons and Dragons), card and board games, fantasy football, big roller coasters, constantly peppy people.
    Dislikes: Teenagers who insist "I'm grown" when when they still act quite immature, people who look at everything from a political viewpoint, country and gospel music.
    Favorite anime: Key the Metal Idol (naturally!), Scrapped Princess, Twelve Kingdoms, Princess Mononoke, Fruits Basket, NGE.
    Favorite Manga: Battle Angel Alita
    Favorite (computer) game: Minesweeper, just about any incarnation of Civilization
    Favorite Food: Pepperoni and sausage pizza from a small N. Indiana chain called Volcano's.
    Favorite Book: Recently, The Twelve Kingdoms (yes, the novel that was the source for the anime) by Fuyumi Ono; all-time, Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Mariller and the works of Jane Auel (Clan of the Cave Bear, etc.) and Douglas Adams.
    Favorite Sport: Pro football
    Favorite Music: Primarily metal, '80s pop/rock, and anime soundtracks (especially Yuki Kajiura's work), but I can name favorites in just about any genre other than gospel. My current top pick is the soundtrack to Le Portrait de Petite Cossette.
    Fun facts about Key:
    - I am one generation removed from the farm on both sides of my family but did grow up in an area where some people, to this day, still use a horse and buggy for transportation.
    - I teach high school Math (although that may soon be changing) and have often done it in classrooms where I was the only white person in the room.
    - I have been writing adventures for the RPGA (Role Playing Gamers Association) since the early '90s and have had other D&D-related publications.
    - I am allergic to chocolate.
    - EDIT: In reference to NGE1113's post, I was also a dedicated "band geek" in HS. I was a mallet specialist, so I did pit percussion (those fancy sideline set-ups in field performances) or bass drum on the drum line as needed during marching band season. We did three major nationally-televised parades during my time, and my best blooper was falling over the front corner of a car parked on the edge of our practice field while backing up at full speed while wearing a bass drum. (I needed help to get back on my feet.)

LydiaDianne
    Well, I'll give it a go...

Name: Lydia

Sex: Female

Religion: I believe in God and when he wakes up from his day of rest, he's going to be very disappointed with the way we treat each other.

Smoke: Not unless I want my dad to kill me.

Drink: Not when beer tastes like a mouthfull of yeast and anything else causes my nose to go numb halfway through the glass.

Likes: reading, anime, doggy kisses (I still miss my dog! :cry: ), and lots of other things that I can't think of right now.

Dislikes: PEOPLE TALKING ON THEIR CELL PHONE WHILE THEY ARE GOING TO THE BATHROOM! I'm sorry but that is beyond disgusting! People talking on their cell phone but still expect me to help them find something.

Favorite Anime: If most of you don't know this about me by now, I'm very disappointed in all of you - Sailor Moon

Favorite Manga: See above!

Favorite Books: The Valdemar and Elemental Mage Series by Mercedes Lackey, The Honor Harringtion and Mutineers' Moon Series by David Weber, The Belgariad by David Eddings, Linda Howard, Nora Roberts, Stephanie Laurens and Katherine Kurtz.

Favorite Game: Not coordinated enough for video games.

Favorite Drink: Classic Coke

Favorite Food: Stuff I'm not supposed to eat anymore but forget do anyway.

Favorite Sport: Football and NASCAR - when I remember to watch.

Favorite Music: Pretty much anything except regge and rap. Duran Duran and I've recently discover Nightwish - symphonic Goth music!

Facts: I found out last November that I have a hypo-thyroid problem and last Janurary, I found out that I have gallstones, so between the two, I've lost 30 pounds :roll:, I still should loose more. ops: Don't EVER get gallstones! You have to stop eating all of your favorite foods! :cry:

I have recently discover Gaiaonline. I've been running around kicking bushes and building puzzles trying to earn gold so I can furnish my "house" and I'm having fun doing that!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information