Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shiki (TV).

Player No. 3

Shiki (TV).

Shiki (TV)

Simulcast available at FUNimation.

OK, I'm gonna get this off my chest and say I hated Megumi; she came off as shallow, whiny, and annoying. With that out of the way, I'm interested in seeing where this series goes. I haven't read the manga, but from what I hear, it has wonderful atmosphere. Clearly, that dog has the best character design ever.
    Anyways, here's hoping it's more like Higurashi and less like Ookamikakushi.

garfield15
    That dog looks a lot like the one from Dennou Coil

A slow paced first episode but definitely one that has got me into the story. I'm interested to see where this is going.

But when is Gackt-sama showing up!? That's the main reason I'm watching!

MorwenLaicoriel
    Yeah, I loved Megumi's design but found the character herself really overbearing. Of course, considering this is a horror title [spoiler]that might have been intentional. It seems like the first one to go is always an obnoxious one[/spoiler]. It'll be interesting to see if she gets more character development [spoiler]if she somehow manages to stick around (I think I saw her in the OP so I'm assuming she will)[/spoiler].

Definitely love the feel of the show so far, so I'm hoping the story won't be a disappointment.

Player No. 3

Shiki (TV).

Shiki (TV)

Simulcast available at FUNimation.

OK, I'm gonna get this off my chest and say I hated Megumi; she came off as shallow, whiny, and annoying. With that out of the way, I'm interested in seeing where this series goes. I haven't read the manga, but from what I hear, it has wonderful atmosphere. Clearly, that dog has the best character design ever.
    Anyways, here's hoping it's more like Higurashi and less like Ookamikakushi.

ninjapet
    Well the first thought while watching was "well who ever did these designs must have taken some notes from Clamp, it looks like these guys never eat"

Also the hair colors, did someone just randomly go though a bin of highlighters? I mean I know it's anime and all but ....

So far I'm pretty disappointed, it was a slow start, barely no explanation to why they did all the time changing, and all that stuff. Ya I know it's a first episode but it really did some off as dull and boring for me.

Mister V
    So far seems quite interesting. Certainly not afraid to show the more disgusting parts. Not a fan of the character designs (I haven't seen these vertical irises used in a long time).
    When the liquor store owner appeared, I've had this sudden urge to go OYAKATA-SAMA!!! :P
    As to other characters, we've got a "cool doctor" (smokes included), "cool monk", clueless gothic lolita and friend. All look pretty standard, though I would hardly expect extraordinary developments from episode 1, but I'm hardly impressed, even though it does have some suspense.
    Also, let me get this straight. They call a village-wide search because their daughter isn't home after nine o'clock? Eh.

garfield15
    That dog looks a lot like the one from Dennou Coil

A slow paced first episode but definitely one that has got me into the story. I'm interested to see where this is going.

But when is Gackt-sama showing up!? That's the main reason I'm watching!

Eivion
    Wasn't really impressed with the first episode. Found Megumi a little annoying, but I also sort of understood her situation and felt she was kind of in her right to be annoyed/bratty to some extent. Didn't really get a feel for the atmosphere though which is probably what hurt it the most for me.

MorwenLaicoriel
    Yeah, I loved Megumi's design but found the character herself really overbearing. Of course, considering this is a horror title [spoiler]that might have been intentional. It seems like the first one to go is always an obnoxious one[/spoiler]. It'll be interesting to see if she gets more character development [spoiler]if she somehow manages to stick around (I think I saw her in the OP so I'm assuming she will)[/spoiler].

Definitely love the feel of the show so far, so I'm hoping the story won't be a disappointment.

Blood-
    Like this show - even Megumi's character. I love cute brats. Based on just this first eppie I can already tell it will be more When They Cry awesome than Ookamikakushi suckfest.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information