Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Numb Fingertips

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Numb Fingertips

Well coincidentally I have lost over forty pounds over the past four years. I have gone from a hair over 200 to hovering around 160. I will keep an occasional numb fingertip before I get heavy again.

I still think it may be the cut on that one fingertip. However, cold weather gets about all of my fingers if I don’t protect them.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Numb Fingertips

one good way to tell wheter or not the damage is actually responsible for this would be to simply see where that coldness goes in comparrison to where that damage was when you cut that finger that bad? is this approx in the very same place? this could be damage to smaller vessels that go to and/or thru that finger or to the nerves in some way too. but having actually 'cut" those vessels would lead more towards a vascular problem. does it EVER actually turn grayish or bluish when it gets numb, or even paler than the other fingers? the previous injury would really be the more 'likely' reason, but it could also be other things too ya know?

have you ever had that finger area actually evaluated by your primary at least? your doc may be able to try certain types of testing just to see how much real blood supply is there,especially when it gets cold? which is what you seem to feel sets this off in some way? even trying a simple finger stick when this is that way, and just seeing how readily it actually bleeds when stuck may help really see if this actually even has a 'ready' type of blood supply when compared to the other fingers type thing? do you know what i am trying to say? that really would show(i would think anyways) just how real the overall blood supply just IS when compared to sticking your other finger tips? just a thought for you to mention to your doc? this just really could be the real underlying proiblem dave,that damage you had before? but it just does also need to be evaluated and somehow tested too by your primary doc at least. this is just what i would do if i were you with this type of presentation in a fingertip, espescially knowing you DID have some deep underlying damage done there before? just see your doc and see what he or she has to say after the eval of it. at least this gets that old ball a rollin towards finding out. good luck dave and please do keep us posted, FB

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Numb Fingertips

I've also had my fingertips go numb and white during the winter. Just on one hand and just a couple of fingers. It does go away, but leaves me baffled. I'm 67 and in good health.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Numb Fingertips

numb white fingers is Reynauds disease

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Numb Fingertips

I remember reading that my white fingers could mean Reynauds disease.Fortunately just gaining some weight eliminated this problem.Just guessing maybe more padding.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information