Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    icemaster316_2001

Ok so there's a big debate today of are cars made here really American Made?

Are cars made from the big 3 made here 100% including the parts or are the parts made elsewhere? Just wondering because everyone says buy American made cars. So my question is would you buy from the big 3 or would you buy from Toyota or Honda? and why?

pedro7of9
    cars/trucks are using foreign parts....most are from mexico and canada...but more and more from far east. check for official definition and content of some cars on cars.com

Lover not a Fighter
    I used to be a die-hard BUY AMERICAN guy. But then I found out that American cars are not really american. If the car companies can't BUY AMERICAN LABOR, then why should I BUY their car?

So sad.

Good Luck...

kelly_f_1999
    some parts on most all cars come from some where else and its always been smarter to buy something made here which keeps one of us at work and buys our food been going on 50 yrs and longer but now its catching up to them buy American Made when you can saves your self and others

Gosling
    Assembled in America is the truth of the statement now a days.. sad.. but some of the suppliers are still here in America as well. Quite a few in my area as I do live near Detroit and have seen the changes over the years from an all American product to Assembled in America only.. I grew up where the Saline Mustang was built and it was all done on site back in the 1960's.. now it isn't even a Ford Factory now. And the summer is when the locals bring out the oldies for parades, they made beautiful cars back then .. making me sad just thinking about it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information