Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Palm TX and AirPort Express network

I used to be able to use my TX with my AirPort Express network, but after a soft reset the settings on the TX went missing.

When I try to connect to the network, the Palm scans and finds it, then asks me if I want to enter settings. I entered the AirPort password and it said it was connected - but it won't open any websites or get any mail.

When I try to open any of the websites listed on the drop-down menu from earlier attempts - common ones such as http://www.google.com - it brings up this error message:

"The page you requested cannot be displayed. The web site you are trying to access may be temporarily unavailable or the URL you entered cannot be resolved. Please check that you correctly entered the URL or try again later. OK"

This message shows up for all web addresses and all attempts to access email.

Is there an advanced setting I'm missing?

Check if you're getting a DNS address - if not, you might have to enter the DNS server settings manually.

To check, get connected then go to Prefs, then the Connect page, Menu, Options, View Log. It should tell you the gateway and DNS addresses, and usually they'll be the same - 192.168.xx.1 or something like that.

You can enter DNS settings manually in the WiFi setup pages, under Details, then Advanced.

Have fun... (-:

Tried entering my broadband provider's DNS numbers, router address, subnet mask, default gateway, but without luck. Same error messages.

I have a feeling I entered a MAC number or something when i set it up originally, but I can't see how to do this now.

It's suddenly started working for no clear reason. Mystery!

Don't you just hate it when that happens? LOL!

If you did enter a MAC address, it was probably in the control screen for your Airport router, so only devices with recognised MACs can get onto the network.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information