Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    volleyball98

Asthma and Vomitting

Hey Guys,

I have suffered from Asthma ever since I was a little girl (I was even put on breathing treatments 3 times a day). For a really long time my asthma was better, and I did not suffer from asthma attacks, however, the last two or three years it has gotten progressively worse. Within the last year, I am now dry heaving, and vomiting in the middle of my attacks.... Has anyone has this issue?

Also, since this has been an onset symptom, I've usually been able to control by using my inhaler the first two times I start to have a deep cough and trouble breathing. However, last night as i went to grab my inhaler I ended up vomiting with in the first two coughs.... I was feeling perfectly fine up until that point so I know it wasn't a stomach virus. Even after using the inhaler I ended up vomiting and dry heaving. It wasn't until I used the inhaler and put the shower on hot and stuck my head in that I felt some kind of relieve. It take so much out of my body, and its very frustrating. My sister who is nurse tells me that gagging is normal during the attack but I just cant not see how that its normal.... Has anyone ever dealt with this?

Thanks

doloresmc

Asthma and Vomitting

Hi, my 6 year old son does that..he throws up a couple of times, even after albuterol treatment. We make sure he drinks some gatorade during his attack, after rescue treatment..he doesn't eat at that time, so we try to keep him hydrated. It takes at least 24 hours for him to start feeling better and 12 for the vomiting to stop. Hi pediatrician says it's part of his asthma symptomatology. Hope you find answers,
    Dolores

Ginger9909

Asthma and Vomitting

Hi,
    I didnt vomit but had very bad nausea from about October of last year until May this year when i was diagnosed. I too was confused as i thought it was a virus at first but it started happening more often and got worse up until i was diagnosed this year. When i had trouble breathing along with it came the bad bad nausea. This interfered with a bunch of events i had going on last year such as a weekend trip with my kiRAB, when i went to NYC and again when i went away with my kiRAB last x-mas. I was at the point of not wanting to make plans anymore because i was scared of getting sick. Since i have been on the Advair and other things this doesnt really happen anymore but if i have a bad flare up it will only happen occasionally now and not really interfere with my life anymore thank god.

mksluv2go

Asthma and Vomitting

I just developed asthma last year and when I have an attack I start vomitting. I thought I was the only one. It's a awful feeling for here you are having an attack and can't breathe and then you start vomitting. It takes alot out of you also.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Asthma and Vomitting

Your not alone. My daughter who is now 11 goes through this every time she has a coughing fit. Ventolin helps most times. The doc says its the norm. hoping she can still grow out of the asthma.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information