Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Nokia likely to sack several executives

As rival companies have been eating into Nokia's market share, Chief Executive Officer Stephen Elop, who took over last September, is due to unveil a revamp of the company's strategy, which could include organizational changes, on February 11.

Citing company sources, German weekly Wirtschaftswoche reported on Saturday that Mary T. McDowell, the executive in charge of Nokia's mobile phones unit, may have to leave the company along with Niklas Savander, the manager of the markets unit.

Chief Development Officer Kai Oistamo may have to go, too, as may Tero Ojanpera, the manager responsible for services and mobile solutions, the weekly reported.

Elop has ordered headhunters to look for top people with good software expertise, the report said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...71419S20110205

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can't see I see this as a bad thing. I think they need better management.

The BS about the N8 PR1.1 just proves it.

What's important is they keep the technical people intact, including the technical managers. I'd hate to see Damian Dinning go.

It's obvious Nokia management has been less than stellar.

I do hope this isn't a signal to adopt another OS. I do believe Symbian and Meego is the way to go.

Shore up your services division and get some talented programmers and get focus and direction.

I'm hopeful Elop sees this too because of his comments about Nokia having a lot of "unpolished gems". That's all Nokia needs to do, they need follow through.

The stuff coming out of BetaLabs is making me hopeful. Get Qt 4.7 out to us ASAP!

According to Engadget, the Meego people are staying. So even if they do adopt another OS, they're going to stick with Meego.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Neither Alberto Torres (exec leading MeeGo Computers) nor Jo Harlow (head of Symbian Smartphones) are rumored to be at risk. So no WM7 or Android on Nokia.

That's good, I've liked what I've seen out of Jo Harlow.

I'm loving having TwimGo 2.5 on my device after I installed Nokia Bubbles (which is cool, they just need more bubbles), which included Qt4.7.1

I do hate the current Nokia Reader bug that went along with getting Qt 4.7.1. I think Qt/QML can really deliver. Now they just need the Ovi Store usability to be up to snuff.

Nokia stock has gone up over the last few days on anticipation that Nokia will make WP7 devices.

If that's not the case, then, look out below. The sell-off may be severe.

Like I said in the other thread, this all sounds good to me, but I want to see more excision of useless middle managers too. I also want to see Stephen Elop personally take greater responsibility for Nokia's software development strategies, planning and time lines. Nokia needs someone to storm the hallways and yell. 6 month delays in delivery are no longer acceptable.

goodness the USA investors can be retards at times...

anyway this tidbit is very important:

i don't ever want to see someone lose their job but it is obvious this is not the position for him...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information