Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any Other New C109R Owners??

I have the TRE from JSD. The difference in acceleration is huge. Problem is that the spark knock that I only had in 4th and 5th gear is now present in 1st to 3rd. I am in California and we can only get 91 octane gas. From what I have read most people who can get 93 octane dont have the spark know problem.

I proved to myself that octane is the problem by using octane booster and having the knock go almost completely away. From what I have read here, the bully controller may be able to get rid of the problem through a richer air fuel mixture. I ordered one this week and hope it works.

Short story is... the TRE works so good, I am willing to spend more money to fix the spark knock. Most people have not had this problem is the consensus.

If you don't have any knock in 4th and 5th before the TRE, you wont have any after it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looks good Al109. You got the 109r like i did. Difference is I wanted this bike so I could dress it myself. I'm not a big fan of Suzuli's leather bags so i got the R hoping that Corbin would get a bag made for it. They're dragging their feet a little and the bags you got look pretty good so I might give them a call. Hope you don't mind. I already have the passenger floorboards so i was wondering what the distance is between the front of the bag and the passenger bracket. Also, how did they do in matching the blue metal flake in the paint to the rest of the bike. I also have the backrest and was wondering if this would be a problem as far as the mounting brackets go.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

When I first got the RT I called around to alot of the aftermarket guys and was told that none of them had the 109 long enough to fully spec it out.
    Mustang for instance has made a seat for the Yamaha Raider already - which was released after the C109, yet they haven't made anything for the 109 yet.

The Suzuki bags are WAY too small, in fact, I believe they're smaller than the C90 and C50. I asked the dealer to swap them out with the 90 for me and they wouldn't do that either.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ya I agree Loki that they're too small but i also want something a little more secure. I also like the idea of the hardbags opening from the back too. At least if you forget to close them the wind will take care of it for you. Careful if you pack those $100 gloves on top of something in those leather bags. All it takes is one time of forgetting to buckle down and those gloves end up on the highway somewhere. I talked to the guys at Corbin and they even took the C109R off their (most wanted list) because of low demand.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Actually, I've forgot to latch mine and they haven't blown open.

After having leather bags, I'd never go to hard bags.
    When you're packing alot of stuff in them, at least leather stretches to accommodate more stuff, where hard bags don't.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, trying to get accessories kinda sucks for now. I am hoping that they get some things out this winter. I would like to get some bigger bags some day. Although the trunk helps alot right now.!:bluethum:

The distance from center of peg to bottom of bag is 5 1/2 inches. Bag curves as you get higher so 1/2" up from center of peg the distance already is 5", etc.

How high is the floor board from the center of peg? I'll take a measurement at the elevation for ya. I would like to get the floor boards too if they will still fit.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Since we got the luggage rack (finally) we picked up a Kuryakyn bag for the back of the bike and that's allowed more room as well.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

As far as how the paint matched, it is a perfect match for the paint on the side covers, and does have blue flake. The tank color is different and has more flake to it. The paint cracked in two places though, so buyer beware.

On the backrest, I was thinking of adding one... how thick is the mounting bracket?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds like they'll fit AL109 but just barely. The top of the board sits exactly 1/2" above the center of the bracket mount screw and from the center of the peg mount to the back of the board it's exactly 4 7/8". They'll probably fit but won't fold up I don't think. The sides of the backrest are 3/16" dipped so about 7/32's and the backrest is 16" outside to outside exactly.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information