Reflection
Our pastor this morning said something that really hit me- "Those who live with uncertainty understand gratitude more deeply."* So true, as many Americans are currently feeling job instability and angst.*
What am I thankful for?* More than anything, my faith, my wonderful family (both near and far), meaningful work and people who inspire me to be more and make a difference with my life.*
As you and your family celebrate Thanksgiving today, here are ten excellent quotes to sit with.* When the food is cleared and the company has left, choose one quote and reflect on its meaning for your own life.
An Attitude of Gratitude
"I do not think of all the misery, but of the glory that remains. Go outside into the fields, nature and the sun, go out and seek happiness in yourself and in God. Think of the beauty that again and again discharges itself within and without you and be happy."
- Anne Frank
"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."
- Theodore Roosevelt
"Your friend is your field which you sow with love and reap with thanksgiving."
- Kahlil Gibran
"Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow."
- Edward Sandford Martin
If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice.* ~Meister Eckhart

If you have lived, take thankfully the past.* ~John Dryden

When we were children we were grateful to those who filled our stockings at Christmas time.* Why are we not grateful to God for filling our stockings with legs?* ~G.K. Chesterton

The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you.* ~John E. Southard

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.* ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy
I feel a very unusual sensation - if it is not indigestion, I think it must be gratitude.* ~Benjamin Disraeli
</img> </img> </img> </img> </img>