Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

political hell/embarrassing screwup with guests HELP

You want to know two things that will get you nowhere in life? Religion and politics. Fuck them both. Neither will satisfy you, someone will always hate you for them, and you'll never make a difference in either anyway. And if you ever get the chance to meet me, nothing good can come of it. I'll probably wreck something or other for you.

Man, I had a nasty fucking day today. Between dealing with my car, and a nasty and embarrassing fight with company (who are very nice people my dad knew from work or church) and my family over politics and religion, and being low on money, today was just shit. Seriously, I'm 22, I should have matured past such petty things. I should have known better to keep my mouth shut, rather than debating people I don't know and making myself look like a douche. Other peoples' politics are their own business. The fuck should I care about them? All I accomplished was convincing a very nice couple of my assholery. They had reasons for their beliefs that were just as valid as my own.

And fuck religion. I'm tired of fucking fighting with family over my beliefs (or lack thereof). I'm tired of being drawn into this bullshit. Seriously, I become an absolute douchebag when this stuff is brought up. If I held my tongue and let people be stupid, I'd be no worse off. Maybe I learn a thing or two from debating people with a different view. More likely I just get in an embarrassing verbal scuffle with otherwise nice and well meaning people. At least I say I can understand the conservative viewpoint a little better tonight, though that certainly doesn't endear me to their viewpoints any more than before.

I'm fucking tired of fighting political viewpoints and following politics. I'll never make a difference and I'll never win. Face it, your country is fucked, why bother? I'm tired of people insisting that my stance on evolution is wrong and that I need Jesus (my dad does this). I'm tired of people trying to debate evolution/creationism with me. The issue is settled. I left the traditional Christian religion for a reason. Get over it. I left your oh-so-perfect, one true religion and it scares the shit out of me. Imagine that.

I seriously embarrassed myself and my family today. I'm tired of fucking with my car. Tired of fucking with NAPA auto parts. Tired of getting ripped off by the Subaru dealership and inspections place. I'm tired of having jack shit for money. Tired with fighting with people over petty shit. Tired of looking, feeling, and acting like a worthless asshole. Tired of seeing the extreme pointlessness and frivolity of my life. Tired of myself. Tired of not having a job, let alone a good one to match my degree.

From now on, I should just go with the flow and not give a shit about anything because giving a shit won't accomplish anything. I should learn to care about people and be sensitive and helpful regardless of what they believe and not involve my personal beliefs. What matters is the good that I do in my personal life, not on a national scale.

I won't change my personal beliefs, I'll just stop acting on them and caring about them. I should learn to be nice to people. Especially if they are guests, and very friendly, nice people at that. I was a real douchebag tonight to my guests. Next time I'll keep my mouth shut.

WTF is a great community. Gimme shelter, folks.

People are stupid, next time just say this:

"Religion was made for two reasons. One is to prove that humans are superior than anything else. (which is my mind is both arrogent and wrong) The second was so that people can throw around their own selfish ideals around, telling people that if they do not belive, they will be punished. Therefor, religion is based off of arrogance, fear, and manipulation."

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Right now, since you are unhappy with a lot of shit in your life, it may be best that you avoid debating things that you feel so strongly about. It's really easy to let emotions control you when things aren't going the way you want them to in your life.

It happens a lot in all kinds of relationships. You might not mean to be a douche to someone that you're having a discussion with, but you have a lot of baggage right now and that makes it a lot harder to control your emotions, especially if you feel the other side's stance has contributed to your unhappiness in some ways.

One example would be the husband who comes home from work, everything is ok, but then he and his wife start debating something they disagree about. He ends up yelling at her like a total asshole, she cries, and then he asks himself why the fuck he was such an asshole since he respects her and her opinions. It's not that he hates her or her beliefs, it's just that he isn't happy at his job, or he is tired of not having enough money to not worry all the time, etc...

As far as religion goes, just try to remember how much it helps others (it really does for the most part), especially those who don't have the mental capacity to find peace in their lives without "faith" in something unseen.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I honestly could not care less whether or not retards get to feel a false sense of peace or security based on a lie. Emotional well being that is based on false presumptions is worthless.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What about the folks out there who do better because of fear of damnation? I know there has to be a load of tards with that mindset.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Kill 'em all.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's what he hitler said.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

My proposed cleansing would be based on mental illness, not race.

Start with malaysia

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's not religion and politics that suck, it's just people who force their views and beliefs onto others who don't have the same views and beliefs (or don't care) that make it suck. Most religious mores are common sense anyway, and whenever someone (a religious person) tries to argue against evolution I find their argument to be weak and guided by emotions rather than any real logic. I believe in evolution myself, though I haven't debated it with anyone lately. But I have quite a few Christian friends (actually an overwhelming majority of my friends are Christians). I have heard some funny Christian views in the past, trying to debunk anthropology, paleontology and archaeology. E.g. "There is no proof of dinosaurs ever existing" I just laugh in their faces. Just laugh and walk away/ change the subject/ find a clever way to pwn them. The best solution is not getting into the arguments of course, but sometimes you find yourself drawn into the debate and you can't help it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information