Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stupid Root Canal.

I've always had really good teeth. But ever since I was young my dentist has said that I grind and clench my teeth. I asked him what I could do about it and he said that I could get a night guard, but that it wasn't bad enough for that. Ok, that's fine. So I go in today for a check up and this one tooth in the front is kind of getting pushed forward and it's turning a little brownish. They looked at it last time, but said it wasn't anything to worry about. So I bring it up again today because I want it delt with. Well, it has an adcess (infection) and the inside of the tooth is basically dead. So now they're going to do a root canal next Tuesday to get fix it. :banghead: Then I have to go back again on the 10th to be fitted for a night guard, and then I have to come back a third time to pick it up. :doh: WTF?! Why not just get the night guard made for me when you first saw it becomming a problem? Now I have to pay like $1,000 for the root canal and who knows how much for the night guard and it's going to hurt and I'm going to DEMAND not request major PAIN KILLERS!!! :drama:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stupid Root Canal.

I had a root canal about a year and a half ago or so. Basically some cavity that had been filled ruptured or something in my mouth and the entire right side of my face swelled up into a big mess of pus. They drained all that, then a couple weeks later they actually killed the tooth. I had to take pain killers for a long fucking time which was annoying to say the least(swallowing two huge pills every day). Root canals suck hard. Good luck with all that.

Stupid Root Canal.

they suck.. a lot

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stupid Root Canal.

Gee, thanks for the encouragment. I found out on the net that the custom night guards I'll probably be getting range from $100 to about $600. Great. Anyway, I'm going to burn a really long cd and just hope for the best. Wish me luck everyone! And how much does the actual procedure actually hurt? Or don't I want to know that?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stupid Root Canal.

the only thing that hurts is the first shot in the gum, the subsequent shots go unnoticed, and the actual work is just a bunch of grinding feelings and mouth grappling.
    but later/next day you will feel it.
    introduce whiskey to your diet, it is an excellent mouthwash after oral surgery and it kills pain. highly recommended.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stupid Root Canal.

I asked my mom to buy me whisky and she said why? I told her and she laughed. I don't think it's gonna happen.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stupid Root Canal.

Rofl! Or just tell me dad and I'll have it within a couple of hours. hehe. Daddy can't say no to his little girl.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stupid Root Canal.

This isn't really on topic but my recently deceased Grandfather was so scared of needles that all his dental work was done without novacaine ! Root canals , fillings , and having all his upper teeth pulled . Tough old fart ! I am not so brave . Void is right that only the first needle hurts and the rest is just grinding . Happy trails !:tongue:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stupid Root Canal.

Good luck with that mags! If u can get a hold of your parents liquor cabinet or whatever, make yourself a nice(BIG)screwdriver or tequila sunrise before you go to the operation, then you'll be at least a bit tipsy and won't feel all that much pain.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stupid Root Canal.

What void said applies. Novacaine is pretty much mandatory, unfortunately. I would have rather not had it, but I guess like 10% of my tooth was still alive or something. Anyway, that stuff sucks because if you're trying to eat afterwards, you can't move your face at all. So eat beforehand, but watch out for that tooth.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information