Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Insomnia

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Insomnia

Yes, I have a bad case of it.

It's to the point where I get nervous and anxious before bedtime, because I am afraid I won't be able to fall asleep.

On Sunday night I was up until 5 am (I had been trying to go to sleep since about 11:30).

I get good exercise, I eat well, I don't sleep too much.

Well, time to go try to sleep :sad:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Insomnia

I also have insomnia. BUT wierd that you posted this because I decided to buy Rockfest tickets and DJ tiesto tickets today, so I am listening to Dj tiesto's song insomnia right now.... wierd.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Insomnia

Try watching TV.

Set to history channel. For best results, turn over midway through. Use caution when removing container as contents may be hot.

Now I'm hungry...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Insomnia

Hot coco, with a little bit of tasty liquor in it usually helps me sleep. Also, there's some 'Sleepytime' tea that you can get in most grocery stores. I've tried that, but I like the coco combo better.

That, or Excedrin PM... that stuff works really well, but I try to avoid using it too often, since it's a medication.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Insomnia

Get rid of all distractions. No radio, no light whatsoever, no alcohol, no weed (if you smoke before sleep), nothing but darkness and quiet. Do not exercise before bed time, that will just stimulate you. Don't think about your problems, you can deal with them better when you are rested. Oh yeah, last tip, no caffeine after noon.

Are you afraid you'll grow boobs in the middle of the night?
    couldn't rep 53V, so I'll just steal from him.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Insomnia

I feel your pain, Icky mah boi. Chronic insomnia runs in my family, and the doctors say mine stems from A.D.D.

I get to wake up each day to 80mg of extended-release Ritalin, which, chemically speaking, is essentially diet methamphetamine. That shit keeps kicking till late afternoon, dies down a bit, then starts up again around 5pm. During that time, my hands are shaking a la Michael J. Fox and I smoke like a goddamn house on fire. I'll often brew a whole pot of coffee and drink it all before I leave for school. Ritalin is also an appetite suppressant, so I have to force myself to eat sometimes. If I miss breakfast I don't get hungry until almost six.

I had insomnia before they started me on the pills, mind you, but now its just downright ridiculous. They gave me melatonin to help me sleep, but I think I've grown a tolerance to it. Tylenol PM, Benadryl, Nyquil... they don't even faze me. Its been more than three months since I've gone to bed before 1am.

I've tried everything from meditation to excessive drinking, and I'm sure you can guess which one was more effective there.
    I fear nothing short of an injection of horse tranquilizer to my fucking temple will get me to sleep now.

Sorry I can't offer you any good, safe remedies for the sleeplessness, amigo.
    I can offer some bad, unhealthy ones, but in good conscience I won't

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Insomnia

Crack helps

Oh wait, it doesn't; Try chronic masturbation, Jack and Rook recommend it highly
    :tongue:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information