Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Looking4Answer

Which programming language is better to learn for 2009 and beyond: Perl or Python?

I would like to know which one is better for business filed, or do any of these programming language is useful for a business department of a company. By the way, I already know Java and PHP.

carcer
    I would go with python, seeing that it can be used like Ruby On Rails on its on online frameworks such a django and others python can also be used later on if you want to get in to something that isn't web related. As Tt said Ruby On Rails the actual programing language behind that is Ruby I find it to be ok but i like how when i started Python had a strong community(that spoke English) when i started dabbling in ruby it was tough for me to grab a foot hold seeing that a lot of the community was Japanese since then it has come along but I would recommend python
    but my best advice is try a bit of both for more info on ROR (ruby on rails)
    check out www.rubyonrails.org

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information