Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Lulu

dark flashes in my eye?

lately i have noticed occasional dark flashes on my right eye, either the flashes on the whole eye or at the top corner(towards my ear not the other end) .happened about 3times so far in the past week, whereas before it was only say once a month.

i thought it was the lighting in the room flickering because it goes on for a 3 or 4 flashes untill a blink or move my head and realise it wasnt the light.

what could it be? im 19 and wear glasses when im in my lectures only, sometimes when on the computer. does this have something to do with me feeling a bit dizzy for like 2/3 secs(or is that just because of my circulation...)

thanks!
    its not completely dark flashes, it justs just grey flashes at the top corner of my eye as if the light above me is flickering, i can still see....its very slight but still noticeable

shraaaazy
    uh ohh that means you're tripping on diphenhydramine, which is commonly found in benadryl. this can cause seizures and even tumors if not dealt with right away. make yourself vomit, it's unpleasant but you have to purge your system

Lady Lulu
    Well, none of those things you mentioned sounds very good. Unexplained dizzyness should always be checked out. Whether or not it is connected to the spots you are seeing is another matter. Sometimes we get something which is known as 'floaters' in our eyes, which is a problem with the retina. Sometimes these can just be annoying, but the flashes could signal a more sever problem. I would have it checked out to be safe. Here is a link that might interest you, and good luck x
    http://www.retinamd.com/retinal_detachments_flashes.htm

j n
    Wow go to a doctor right away!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information