Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I need some car help please!?

So I drive a 1993 toyota paseo. I was driving and i saw the oil light come on, so i pulled to the side of the road and added oil to the car. I checked the dip stick and it indicated that there was enough oil. The car did not overheat or even get hotter than it usually does. When I got back into the car it would not start, the battery tested good. So I know its not the battery, the starter, or oil. Do you have any ideas what it could be?
    I cannot get the car to start. It has gone about 5,000 miles without an oil change.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like a faulty sender unit or loose wire on the unit which is on the side of the block.
    But you need to make for sure oil is going to the top of the engine.
    With it running take the oil filler cap off and see if oil is splashing around in the rocker cover it want be a lot if it is then its in the switch.
    Also when was the last time you changed the oil and filter this also can make this happen with restricted flow or low oil viscosity

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    if you turn the key and the engine doesn't turn over, and all you hear is a clicking sound,or a humming sound then the engine seized due to lack of oil(lubrication).

if that's the case you need a new engine.

BTW who in his/her sick mind told you to wait 5K to change the oil?
    only new cars can do that, not the older ones.

every time you wait that long the oil degrades little by little , it becomes a sludge and before you know it will die on you. you might get away with waiting that long a few times but keep in mind that every time you do it you are reducing the life of the engine exponentially. and that is all it takes. one time too many.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information