Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Unexplained pain right under ribs?!?

Hey everyone. I have some questions concerning what's going on with my Boyfriend... About a week ago he started having these pains in his abdominal/intestine area. He went to the ER and after blood work, X-Rays and an EKG all was normal. They gave him some Zantac and told him to take some Tums. Besides the fact the doctor at the ER was a complete A-hole, I told him [my BF] to go back to the ER if the pain was still there the next morning. He woke up that next morning and sure enough the pain was still there, pretty bad too accroding to how he described it.

That morning he made an appt. with his Primary Care doctor. They did more X-Rays, more blood work and did a CT Scan. His doctor did find a blockage in his intestine. Gave him some meds that would losen the walls in his intestine to help get the blockage out. Okay, we finally had an answer right? Wrong! Over the weekend he used the bathroom quite a bit which was expected because he was passing the bloackage through BUT he was still in pain and the pain was in the same spot as before. Right under the ribs. Monday came and he woke up and could hardly move cause of the pain. I told him to go to the ER but instead he waited it out and a couple hours later the pain lessened. Did not completely go away but it wasn't intense anymore. Okay, Yesterday comes and he comes home from work and said the pain is really bad again, so bad it felt like his chest was getting tight. We went to the ER and they did more tests.... Blood, EKG and Xrays. They also reviewed his records from his previous visits [His previous visits were at the Military hospital, yesterday it was at the civilian hospital]. Everything came out normal. The doctors don't know why he is in pain, no one does. Obviously there is something wrong because if there weren't then, well he wouldn't be in pain. The doctor told him he thinks it might be Gastritis and to eat bland foods for a few days and to double the meds he is already on and it should pass.

My question is does this sound like Gastritis? If it is would it have been caused by the blockage he had? I just feel bad for him because he is obviously in pain but every test, scan, poke and prod comes back normal... It's very frustrating!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Where under the ribs - right side or left side? If it is right side, it could be gallstones. have they done an abdominal ultrasound?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

He said it's both sides. When I ask him the majority of the time he points to his left side but it has also been both. He is supposed to go back today for an u/s to check his gallbladder. That is the only test they haven't done yet but everything else checks out normal.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information