Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

All these symptoms but standard blood test are fine. What could it be?

Hello and in advance I am sorry it will probably be long. For about a year now I have been so tired even when I sleep good I wake up and I am still exhausted, I have very bad headaches that start from when I wake up and on most days go away only while I am sleeping. I have cold hands and feet, hair loss, weight gain, sweating, breast growth, the worst is how tired I am. I went to the doctor's and it came back my thyroid level was not right so I went in for a scan and they said that the top portion of the thyroid on the left side was overactive causing the bottom and the right side to be underactive. (Never seen an Endo and was never on any meds) So now for the last 6 months or so I have had some new symptoms. I am still tired, I still have weight gain approx 30 lbs. I went from a 36 D to a 36 F, my breast are so tender to the touch I can hardly even take off my bra, my periods are regular and only last 3 days but it's heavy enough to go threw a box of tampons, I just started having this arm and leg pain where at times it feels like my arms or leg is going to get numb but does not and its just painful. If I keep my knees bent for to long it's very painful. I can't sleep well anymore because I have to change positions so often. It's hard to get up and down. I am only 27 I am over weight but not that much. So far I have gotten your fat loose some weight and you will be fine, I have gotten you have 2 many kids thats why you are tired. I have swelling in my feet and hands also and not just at night. I do the standard test and then that's all they are willing to do. Also I just had a thyroid test and doctor said it was fine and the Endo said it was probably Thyroiditis and that I didnt need to come in and see her. That I could retest in 6 months. I have a pretty large Goiter. I have seizures that only occur right before my period and all the other symptoms are so much worse around my period. I have had these for about 2 years and I was diagnosed with TLE. Complex partial seizure but yesterday I got a call saying that I had no seizure activity on my EEG at all and she was changing it to Primary Seizure Disorder which does not fit. About 2 weeks after my period I start to feel like a somewhat normal human being. I thought maybe it was estrogen dominance but that came back ok also. I feel like I could cry I am so stuck and frustrated that I just don't know what to do anymore. I feel like my whole life is unraveling and I don't know what to do. I am starting to wonder if I am crazy. Please help I want to be able to play with my children like I used to. Oh by the way I did have an MRI of my head for the headaches and the doctor said it was fine.

Here are my test results.
    Estridol- 132
    Progesterone- 11.9
    Anticoagulation Therapy- None
    PT- 9.5 sec
    PT INR- 1.0
    Activated Partial Thromboneplastin Time- 32.9 sec
    Vitamin B12- 725
    Folate- 12.7
    Alanine Aminotranserate- 17
    Creatinine- .75
    Glomerular Filtration Rate- greater than 60
    Sodium- 139
    Potassium- 4.6
    Chloride- 103
    CO2- 28
    Random Glucose- 89
    T4 Free- 1.2
    TSH- .5
    WBC Count- 4.9
    Red Blood Cell count- 4.06
    HGB- 12.6
    Hematocrit- 39.1
    MCV- 96
    RDW,RBC- 13.4
    Platelet Count- 257
    NEUTROPHILS %, AUTOMATED COUNT-57
    LYMPHOCYTES %, AUTOMATED COUNT-34
    MONOS %, AUTO-7
    EOSINOPHILS %, AUTOMATED COUNT-2
    BASOPHILS %, AUTOMATED COUNT-0

I know, sorry about my book but if anyone can please help I would appreciate it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You might want to consider Lyme Disease...many women with this condition find their symptoms intensify/change around the time of their periods. You have a least a dozen of the symptoms and your doctors have found nothing...which suggests you might want to consult with a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I resemble that remark
    Good advice. I have Lyme Disease (dx 10/08) but have known something else was up for quite some time.

I was diagnosed w/Horoshito's (hypothyroid) this week.

It is indeed very common -- scads of lyme px have thyroid issues.
    It's sometimes the first notable symptom.
    A LLMD told me that it seems that lyme bacteria attack the thyroid first alot of the time in order to make the internal environment more hospitable for them.

The lyme symptoms worsen (& certain ones appear ONLY then) cyclically as well.

Good luck, MaMa24Bellz!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information