Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

A problem I am having... need help/advice

I have had this certain problem for about two years now and it is getting really frustrating. I have searched the internet over and over again, but I have found nothing. While searching, I found this website so I decided to sign up and see if I can get advice about my problem.

The problem I am having is whenever I am doing any sort of physical activity I can

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i really need to know what exactly you mean by "i cannot "control" my legs"? do they 'just' feel weak and unable to support you or do they actually get like spasmy and move on their own? if you could just describe EXACTLY what it is you are feeling when this occurs it would help tons in helping you with the best possible advice. there is just a big difference(and possible reasons for) in feeling very weak in the legs and having them tighten up and feel somewhat spasmsed/uncontrolled by you,you know what i mean? FB

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think its leg spasms and they move on their own and thus making me lose my balance. I guess that would be the more accurate way of describing them, I really wasn't sure how to describe it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

believe me,i am the queen of strange and insane body stuff ever since my spinal cord was injured. i can relate to what you are describing. the one thing that would really be helpful in pinpointing the root of your problem would be an MRI, done on your whole spinal area. just to see if there is something inside there that is causing this, it would be the 'most likely' place to start. have you ever seen at least your primary about this stuff? having just a consult/eval with him or her and getting that referral for the MRI would at least be a good starting point. its just not normal to have your legs do that,as i know you already know.

if you do indeed have some level of "hightened" reflexes of responses in your legs,it could be coming from just about any level of your spine. it all depends upon just what it actually is that is affecting things and where it is located. but you DO need to get this better evaled at this point. your doc would do a basic neuro eval which would include tapping your knees withthe little hammer? this one test would show if your reflexes are too hyper. mine are and believe me,my legs do their little "happy dance" at various times thru out my day.

i would simply make an appt with your primary for that eval and see about getting that MRI. 'something" is causing this to occur in you and just needs to be found out. an MRI,with a contrasting agent will hopefully show that for you. it could be many possible things that could be affecting certain areas,so i am not EVEN goin there right now. just push for the MRI. good luck and please keep me posted as to what you find out. FB

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your help! I will go and try to get an MRI done as soon as I can or at least talk to my doctor about it. I have never consulted a professional about this issue. I have just mainly only mentioned it to my parents.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information