Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Costachondritis

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Costachondritis

I was diagnosed with Costachondritis 6 months ago after the 4th emergency admission to hospital,the only treatment i have ben prescribed at the moment is to take Ibuprofen and Paracetamol,i am in agony 24 hrs a day and am desperate to talk to other people for help and advice,i feel doctors are not helping me at all,can anyone out there help me:confused

Costachondritis

I have it, and if I do too much it flares up, sometimes if I lift something heavier then a shampoo bottle I feel it. You have had the same pain for 6 months and no relief from the advil? Usually that helps because it is an inflammation of the cartilage that causes the pain. When I got my first flare I thought I was having a heart attack; anyway it takes awhile before it feels better, but you have to stop whatever whatever it was that caused it. It is usually a repetitive motion, like I was a professional housekeeper and all the vacuuming and scrubbing was causing the pain so I really couldn't stop. I was on 800 mgs 3 X's a day. Only anti-inflammatory's will help; perhaps ask your Dr for a different one, unless you are only taking over the counter advil, then ask for prescription strength. If this is work related then you could have filed a workers comp and taken some time off of work to heal faster.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Costachondritis

thank you for your message,my doctor does not seem to understand the condition,he has only given me mild painkillers and ibuprofen does not help the pain at all,i went back to see him last week and all he offered was anti depressants,do you think i should ask to see some one for pain management?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Costachondritis

What strength ibuprofen are you on? Another anti-inflammatory might help first, but if your current Dr won't help I'd find a new PCP, normally we get referred to a pain management when our PCP's have reached what they don't feel comfortable prescribing you to a higher dose of narcotics that they have you on or if you are going to be a long term pain management patient. I am on some strong pain meds and that does not help my costochondritis, when that flares up I take several Advil, over the counter strength. There are prescription strength too, and other anti-inflammatory meds that might help. Also you didn't answer if this is a work injury or how it is you got this, limiting the activity until the pain is more manageable will also help.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Costachondritis

i do not know how i got it,there seems to be no explanation,i am taking 800mg of Ibuprofen 3 times day, in hospital i was on oxygen,morphine and pethidine

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information