Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Faint, dizzy spells, itchy hands and feet and Nausea

Hi,

I'm a 58 yr old woman. I have recently begun experiencing very unpleasant 'episodes' which involve the following symptoms:

- Itchy palms/soles of feet/scalp/groin
    - very faint feeling
    - short of breath
    - nauseous/diaorrhea
    - sometimes gripey stomach pains
    - indigestion
    - redness all over my body

I've had an MRI and ECG and been told by the consultant that nothing was found and that they were 50% sure it was mild epilepsy. However, this does not convince me and they are starting to occur more frequently.
    They tend to occur at different times of the day (i have had 5 since Christmas) so there is no real pattern there.

Does anyone have the same experiences or can anyone advise on potential causes of these episodes or seizures??
    The doctor tested my blood sugar level and this was found to be normal, although it was taken at a time when i wasn't experiencing the above symptoms. Could this be related to blood sugar levels?

My blood type is O rhesus neg if that makes any difference?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

E

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do all those symptoms occur at the same time, every time? How long does it last?

Do you take any medications or have any previous or current health problems?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

1. Symptoms start with the itchiness on palms of hands,soles of my feet and in my groin.I soon begin to feel faint and sick.At the same time I feel very short of breath and during this time the gripey pains start in my stomach. All this happens within a few minutes.Apart from the most recent episode I have to quickly find a loo and have diarrea.My body then appears very red all over, as if I have spent too long in the sun! I then slowly start to feel better and within 15-20 mins I am back to normal.The rash disappears quite quickly.

2.I am not on medication and have no previous health problems.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Im no doctor and im betting most users on this forum are not doctors either. I think you should just listen to your doctor and try not to think of your symptoms.

Im willing to bet you have been spending a lot of time on webmd.com
    I highly suggest you try and not self diagnose yourself as it will just make you paranoid.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

1. Does anyone have the same experiences or can anyone advise on potential causes of these episodes or seizures??

- Seizures in your age group are mainly caused by cerebrovascular disease, brain tumors, alcohol withdrawal, metabolic disorders (uremia, liver failure, electrolyte abnormalities, low blood sugar), Alzheimer's disease and other degenerative CNS disease, or by some unknown cause.

2. My advice -- do more testing to find out exactly why you are having these seizures, especially if they are getting worse.. in the mean time you might ask about seizure medications, since if you are driving or something, a seizure could be disastrous ..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information