Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

gas, gastritis, campylobacter, h pylori, left hand side numbess and dull ache??

I am better now
    Thanks.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am so sorry you are feeling so bad. You apparently picked up a real bad bug while traveling. This can definately happen. It may take awhile to straighten out your system. I had this happen and it took me a couple of months. I didn't get the h pylori thing though. Did they know how you picked that up? I have never known how people get that. Sorry I don't have more of an answer for you. Good luck! Hang in there!

Thanks - I have just been to the doctors and they are running loads more tests on me which is good so hopefully they will come up with something! Apparently you have H pylori from childhood as you catch it from your mum
    Many thanks x

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have heard of others on the board here that have had symptoms like yours. You may want to read further on here to find some of those.
    I can tell you a little about the tests they are running just from having some run and knowing a little bit about them.

Celiac (was that what you meant to say?) Is a test run to see if you have trouble with gluten. I had that one run and mine was negative.

Lactose-Is how your body breaks down and deals with dairy. I am lactose intolerant and diary is very hard on me. I don't have much dairy and that has made me low on calcium and vitamin D so I have to take supplements for that.

HIV-Is for the virus that is usually transmitted sexually that effects your immune system. You could also get it from a blood transfusion.

Hepatitis A,B,and C- I think you would only be tested for C because if I am not mistaken you would know if you had A and B because you would have certain symptoms. Hep C is known as the silent disease because people can carry it for years before they show body symptoms. I dated a guy who had this. He got it from a needle stick. He was a mortician. But I believe he had it before that, like when he was in the Army 20 years previous he had done cocaine with a straw. Thats how alot of people get it. I got out of that relationship thank God. I had no idea he had done things like that. Regardless...alot of these are blood to blood contact. The virus can't live long out in the open. Just like HIV.

I am a bit suprised they are testing you for these. It sounds more autoimmune. Or acid reflux etc....

Sorry I don't know about the other tests. There are so many things aren't there? The body is so complex.

Hang in there! Sounds like you are in great hands. They will figure it out!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks so much for you information.
    x

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information