Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Brandon M

what do you need to build a website?

I already have a domain name.

Jimmy H
    Search for "html programming" and "website programming" to find how to use the language. You can make a website in notepad if you really wanted to, browsers just read the text and display what the text tells it to do. Try viewing page source (Ctrl+U on Firefox) or saving a page and opening it in notepad. It is very hard to understand so maybe try a more simple website first.

A good program to use is Dreamweaver by Adobe, it contains pretty much everything you need to create a page using an interface rather than coding.

For getting your page on the web try searching for "free web hosting". a good site is "freewebtown.com" where you can create an account and upload all your pages into the site and anyone can view it.

Or, buy a url and host your own server. But i recommend getting books out at the library that teach html, php mySQL, and css before doing any of these because making websites from scratch isn't too easy.

lolcuz212
    you must purchase a hosting service. Once it is finalized, go to your domain control panel and update it with the appropriate name servers eg.
    if you host was godaddy.com
    your nameserver would probably be ns1.godaddy.com and ns2.godaddy.com

be aware than when you update name servers, it may take up to 24hours to finalize

use a program like macromedia dreamweaver or microsoft frontpage to create you main page - you must name it index.html and upload it to your host's root storage. all images and files must be uploaded too, with the index in the same directory. once this is completed, visit your domain name in internet explorer and your website is done!

if you have any concerns or further questions, feel free to email me on
    [email protected]

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon M View Post
    I already have a domain name.
    The next steps to be followed to build a website are as follows..They are
    1. start designing your web site .If you have any knowledge in website design then you can easily create by yourself .If not then use online service provider who help you to design website for you based on your needs.
    2.Finally host your web site online .Only by hosting your website through provider you can make it visible to public in World wide web.
    You can get all the above mentioned service from the vendor Tucktail.com here they register domain name for affordable cost along with free hosting ,web site builder and so on using which you can easily build and host your website online ..The website builder service comprises of pre defined templates you just choose one among them add your information's ,finally your dream website comes to live..They also render good customer service and support ....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information