Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Has it become cool to cash in on piracy?

no you didnt, you said that if they have a prize draw, they are making money.

maybe they have a prize draw as a way of saying thanks to the donators that did donate, and to give something back, even if its just to 1 of them.

PS: this is what makes me laugh though.

TPB, Mininova, BTJunkie, ISOhunt 3 of these have not even got trackers associated with them.

They have a ton of ads, they get millions of hits a day, 2 cents per impression = a shit load of cash every day, never mind a month or a year.

2 million hits a day 50% use adblock = 1million views of ads, * 2cents each = $20,000 a day just off 1 ad, have 5 ads and thats $100.000 a day.

and they are lorded as gods.

A private tracker only has a donation button, and a few benefits here and there, and maybe a prize draw, and a few mass PMs, and they are the scum of the earth.

doesnt make sense.

Its like users see a donation button and think, making a fortune, they see ads and think, eww ads, not making even more cash than a donation button.

Only way we can keep these trackers going is through donations, page views dont do us any good, but those trackers i just mentioned, they dont need donations, as long as people keep coming to the site, which they will, they will keep on making money. Honestly some people are just thick as 2 short planks. (not mentioning any names though lol)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Private trackers are not forcing you to pay a penny, so bitching for what ?
    I have never donated but i never complaint !

They are releasing latest releases / keeping the site online / taking care of servers to be online 24/7 hours and still you bitches complaining.

If a site goes down like " TL ", then you are shouting like an A-hole why the tracker is down.

There are good people who donates and keeping private trackers online and people like you leeching like an a-hole and still coming from nowhere and complaining like a super a-hole.

If you can't thank them, at least don't complain like a f**kin stupid.

Don't forget, you are getting your daily needs from Private trackers mostly. so thank them and always support them !

I have high Respect for " TL - IPT - ScT - SCC " and i will always support them somehow, if not by donating, i will support them by seeding their torrents to keep the torrents alive for others to get it.

All life you been Negative, sometimes think positively and be positive !

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by realityhd View Post
    They were trying to raise donations to buy sealand so I don't think there was any cash that went anywhere. I'm skeptical about the rumors of profitability of many sites.

Lmao...TPB was gonna raise nearly a billion $$...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do you think trackers get all those scene releases shortly after pre? Credits? Maybe sometimes, but most of them simply pay for them. Even the ones who claim to be strictly against P2L do exactly what they critisize. Behind the curtain they P2L to get the warez on their trackers.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well funnily enough, we could never get ours to work properly, and then when we did members were saying they hate trackers with donation target bars as they never believed them anyway lol so ours is just there for any prize draw we have (which is seldom as they are failiures).

How do you think trackers get all those scene releases shortly after pre? Credits? Maybe sometimes, but most of them simply pay for them. Even the ones who claim to be strictly against P2L do exactly what they critisize. Behind the curtain they P2L to get the warez on their trackers.
    From personal experience, I do not have scene axx, i have never had scene axx, so i do not pay for scene axx, yes i do pay for usenet, which used to get games on the site first, now i am to slow as my members have scene axx, that they pay out of their own pocket, i just use usenet now for me and what i want.

and the reason i use Usenet, is i am the biggest leech going, I hate seeding back, unless its my own torrent, also my asymetric ISP is a nightmare, 20meg down 256k up (supposed to be 700+k up but hardly ever get that), and i also do not have a seedbox either, it feels like cheating to me, especially when i do not get 0 day releases fast anymore.

I am not saying other trackers do not have that, i am just sayig i dont.

And regarding the ads argument, why do you think most private trackers dont have them.

Ugly
    People block them
    Not enough unique visitors per day to justify having them.

It is not worth the bother having an ad on a private site, and the only other way is donations, but like i said, if I and i bet a lot of other owners of private trackers, wanted to make a mint off this, they would have started up a public link site 5 years ago when Suprnova went down.

To me it doesnt matter how they get their cash, either way they are still profiting from P2P, whether thats right or wrong is for you to decide, but i bet if those public trackers had to accept donations to survive, they would and they would be a lot more scrupulous than private trackers about doing it. OK some Private trackers are alledgedally in it for the cash, but lets be honest here, the average donation from a single user is between 25p and

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

$I don't care whether people make money off of piracy$

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Don't forget, you are getting your daily needs from Private trackers mostly. so thank them and always support them !
    If you are referring to my post:

Most of my download come from TPB and Demonoid

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post
    If you are referring to my post:

Most of my download come from TPB and Demonoid
    and very very soon there will be no TPB. indeed 17th of august!

and Demonoid is a private tracker like TL. so stop complaining. they are not forcing you to donate or whateva. they deserve respect !

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did i even sound like I was complaining?
    Demonoid is not a private tracker; you don't need to have account to use it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

stoi that was very smart/ absolute truth and that's how it works and whenevr i can i will help by donating ?? it takes time of your life and nothing is free in this life not even water which is sad but we all have choices to make and you should pick the right 1 gn all

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information