Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I decide never to trade again~~``

hoping to get some supports~~~~~~~

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by PlayeR View Post
    where is killercam when we need him?
    Hey, I tried. A little encouragement wouldn't hurt me. :angry:

Haha!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    ...a lot of anti-traders and non-traders consider that as their bible as well. :lol:
    I know this "bible":
    HL trackers =
    1 - More secure
    2 - Good content
    3 - Great community
    not sure, that they (members of HL trackers) are really objective.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    I had been lurking here for a long time before I finally created an account, and while I agree that more likely than not the OP is just trying to get rained down with with invites at his revelation, I admire megabyteme for his efforts.

Alot of these posts tend to get filled with massive amounts of sarcastic remarks and flames from regulars in a matter of hours (no offence) and its a breath of fresh air to not see someone completely rain down terror on the op.
    Thanks, Rart!

PM me if you want to chat sometime.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    megabyteme, it's easy to see you're still new around here.
    this kind of threads has happened in the past quite often with ill results, with users admitting they did it to trick members, trading with dupe accounts, scamming, and all the possible scum of the earth.
    so you will have to understand that for many people around here it's not easy to believe in such words, and good will.
    after all, this is the internets.
    Only time will tell if he is sincere or not. I try to encourage people to make good decisions and to be good community members. I don't think he will successfully trick anyone. Most of us are pretty good about reading previous posts. As far as I am concerned, the guy gets one shot to redeem himself.

I do know that mocking the guy's efforts won't help him stick to his resolve. If he stops trading and the non-traders don't give any indication that they will support his "good" decision, he will have no choice but to return to trading.

I am very much anti-trading and believe it is worthwhile to get people to stop. I have contacted a couple of very new members who did not think there was anything wrong with it because "there is a whole section devoted to trading". When they realized that many members here frown upon it, they immediately recanted.

Maybe I sound like a noob, but I try to treat people on the "internets" the same way I would IRL. I may get burned occasionally, but that happens to everyone but the harshest of cynics.

And really, I won't have to devote ANY time to "monitoring" his actions. If he goes against his pledge, SOMEONE WILL NAIL HIM ON IT!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for all the answers to my post..after careful thinking, I've decided that I won't do giveaways here...But after I've been here a while, I'll hopefully know who's trustable and not. And if I want to give invites anyway,It'll happen via PM and I'll only give to people that prove that they can really contribute to the tracker somehow.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    btw, trading is not a illness.
    No it isn't. Many of us believe it is a bad behavior and it weakens the BT community. We all respond to the action differently. Some people act as "watchdogs" and report to others that the member is a "trader" and, therefore, not worthy of a gift invite. Others, such as myself, tend to encourage "good" behaviors and try to sway these members towards more community oriented actions.

There are two views at play here. The first looks at the "trader" as a bad person who is not worthy of being in the community. The second looks at the actions of the member. We may not like these actions, but we can still hold out hope that the individual(s) will want to change.

I am 37 and know that I have changed a lot since I was in my teens and twenties. I don't believe I was ever a "bad" person, but I made many, many mistakes and did things that I would not even consider doing now. I try to see others as having the same potential.

Again, I want to stress that redemption is something that is earned, not given. The individual holds much of the decision power in his/her own hands. It is then up to the community to decide if that member is genuine or not.

It is not enough to simply stop doing the objectionable action. Individuals who have violated community trust typically have to atone for their wrong doings. Again, it is up to the individual to take these positive steps and then it is up to the community to judge if they are genuine.

Redemption is a great topic to study. It has been around since the New Testament (and I imagine much earlier). It is a very common theme in both modern and classic literature. It is also frequently used television, and movies. The characters portrayed are almost always central to the story because they are dynamic (learning) and not static (unchanging). Even though a character learns something from his conflicts it does not mean that he will be successful or forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    lol@"get friends" recommendation..
    pretty amusing how people always encourage inexperienced torrentusers to make friends in order to get invites (and not for friendship's sake)..
    Qlix is an experienced bittorrent user. If your goal is to join all the best trackers there is, I suggest you to follow Qlix's footsteps.

True story. :yes:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post

Qlix is an experienced bittorrent user. If your goal is to join all the best trackers there is, I suggest you to follow Qlix's footsteps.

True story. :yes:
    Best trackers? Is this a consensus thing or is individual taste still factored in?

Or are we going by purely empirical measurement?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post

No n00b insults this time? Can you promise that? :P
    Hi Martin87o how are you buddy? I know you staff ass licker, you not moderator I-N ahaha, because you banned, you n00b buddy, not me :P
    I don't care what you think. Bye bye a stupid guy :lol:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information