Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

disputing this citation?

To make a long story short I got a $177 ticket for not notifying the police when I hit the cover of a tail light backing up in this neighborhood. the damage wasn't severe and I offered the owner money and told them ill have it in a week and we exchanged numbers, the lady of the house seem calm about the situation but her man had a bad attitude so i didnt communicate with him. so after I exchanged numbers with the lady, i leave the area to only come back 30 min later because my friend told me the police had shown up. i showed up and got the ticket

My defense for getting this citation disputed is for one, the situation was not that severe, i highly doubt insurance would cover the little damage that was done, and it could have easily been fixed with little money at a hardware or auto parts store. So i didn't notify the police for that reason. i really think these people blew the whole situation out of proportion and the guy was really acting ignorant about the whole situation. so what chances do I have of disputing this citation or at least getting it reduced???

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ALWAYS call the cops when anything like this happens. They can document things and wind up helping you. Now that this has happened it is his word agains't yours and you can really get nailed for damages. Maybe that is why the guy is acting like a jerk.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information