I am making a pair of gloves for the first time but cant make heads nor tails of what its asking me to do here. I did the first RS then WS, and after that I just got lost. Can anyone plese explain what it wants me to do?

Establish Thumb Gusset: (RS) Work across to marker; [k1-f/b] twice; pm, work to end in St st—42 sts; 4 sts in St st for Thumb Gusset between markers.
(WS) * Work 1 row even.
(RS) Work across to marker; k1-f/b in st after marker, knit across to last 2 sts before second marker, k1-f/b, k1; work to end—6 sts between Thumb Gusset markers.
Repeat from * 4 times, end with a RS row—14 sts between markers.
Thumb: (WS) Work across to marker, place sts of St st panel on holder; work 14 sts of Thumb Gusset, turn; leave remaining 22 sts unworked (place on holder, if desired).
(RS) Working on 14 sts of Thumb only, work even for 4 rows in St st. Change to 1 x 1 rib; work even for 4 rows. Bind off all Thumb sts loosely in rib. Fasten off yarn
http://caron.com/projects/ss/ss_SS12_fingerless_gloves.html#schematic

That is the pattern I am fallowing. I have gotting all the way up to where I need to start the thumb but having difficulty understanding what it wants me to do