Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Overnet Rpc Error

After Mcaffee, Trend and now finally Norton discovered 11 viruses.

These viruses act like the w32/blaster virus and hide in the system restore partion of of XP/2000 OS.

The reason why this only affected Overnet and not my other P2P sharing apps was because the virus was embedded into Overnet Crack.dat and the named BAT.Trojan.

Point being is that this was specifically targeted for Overnet users who used the upload crack.

And that is messed up.

It was so hard getting rid of the virus that I had to use the Symantec Wiping tool just to delete it because deleting and emptying the recycle bin wasn't getting rid of files.

Furthermore, once I log into Overnet, all sort of attacks start. Blaster attack from TFTP on port 2000 something, IRC port attack, etc.

You can not use Overnet safely without heavy firewalling and when I only open port 4662 and 6440, my downloads are at a crawl.

So, I'm wondering...

1) how can I open my firewall to point where I can download at the same rate as before?

2) why 4662 and 6440 specifically?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Overnet Rpc Error

Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@6 February 2004 - 15:45
    mcafee 7.0 pro and no problems what so ever and you don't update it, you update your virus definitions every now and then they do have and update for the program but who does not?? also norton is one of the softwares that can have a compatiblity issue with overnet, and norton sucks anyways,

best firewall is sygate.

you guys can use almost any port you like but if you gonna change it then restart overnet and give it time, your sources had you done for the other ports give it time and see if it does not change after a day then change it :lol:
    The problem I found with mcafee is that it has to be updated in Internet Explorer as a activex/popup window and has the has extra buttons and shit like " spam guard not installed" or something like that.

anyways you will have to set up your router (assuming you have one) to forward ports overnet uses (check settings) or if you use a software firewall (like sygate or norton's) just let it connect to any ports, incoming and outgoing)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Overnet Rpc Error

hmmm ok i never herd of that one first of all, i'm sorry i was wrong and you were right :lol:

now the ports i gave you are more common on ed2k network and i have been using them for ever now

as far as the crack and stuff goes with the attacks,

we for the crack i have posted a pic of which loader to get and that one is clean and should do it for you

as far as the attacks i'm not sure, yu could still have spyware and etc on your pc. but are you downloading from a bunch of sources at low speed or few sources at low speed??

at the bottom does it say "open" or firewalled??

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Overnet Rpc Error

how many uploads do you have and what is the total speed??

you realy need to take a look here and stop assumning things

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Overnet Rpc Error

emm boss i have no idea what you are talking about with mcafee???? :blink: :blink: my default browser is opera (no activex) and also all internet traffic goes thru ghost surf (proxied)

now that i look at your post better, its sounds like you are talking about the bottomof the line mcafee and the mcafee security center which you can disable to not install at all.

again as i said mcafee pro 7.0

remember all products have different versions, the one i 'm talking about is easy and nice and no problem or too much cpu usage.

having said that, i belive the best av is nav and firewall is sygate

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Overnet Rpc Error

Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@7 February 2004 - 10:06
    emm boss i have no idea what you are talking about with mcafee???? :blink: :blink: my default browser is opera (no activex) and also all internet traffic goes thru ghost surf (proxied)

now that i look at your post better, its sounds like you are talking about the bottomof the line mcafee and the mcafee security center which you can disable to not install at all.

again as i said mcafee pro 7.0

remember all products have different versions, the one i 'm talking about is easy and nice and no problem or too much cpu usage.

having said that, i belive the best av is nav and firewall is sygate
    mcafee pro 7.0 . ok i go try it. maybe your are right B)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Overnet Rpc Error

Have you use the beta plug-in or any Emule mod??

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information