Its long but you might learn a thing or 2...***HERE are my really good examples of comparing today (lesbians, sex, rappers, etc) to the 80s generation. So, i just got done listening to some of our societies chart topping songs, which appear to be nothing but pop and R&B--Lilwayne: lollipop (about giving head). Plies: Becky (about giving head). Katy perry: I kissed a girl (about how she kissed a girl and she liked it). Usher: Little freak (about wanting his girl to finger another girl). David banner: play (about a girl fingering herself). Lil wayne: we be steady mobbin (about gangs/murdering a "bitch"). Eminen: Kim (about him killing his ex wife). and the list goes on. The 80s chart topping music was--Def leppard: pour some sugar on me. Bonjovi: Living on a prayer. Run dmc: walk this way. Micheal jackson: billie jean. Then, i heard that gay was looked down on...today, we have chris crocker who is famous on youtube for being gay, looking like a girl, and complaining about his problems, loving britney spears, etc. there are shirts being sold "legalize gay". songs are promoting gay (i kissed a girl, little freak, etc.) The word "n i g g a" is used alot now among teens/in general. Sitcoms in the 80s like family matters, full house, etc. are all replaced with reality shows like jersey shore (sex and fighting), the kardashians, the girls next door, etc. We have trashy celebs like britney, paris, lindsay, etc. on TV for sex tapes, partying hard, drugs, etc. and miley cyrus (teen idol) for taking innapropriate pics. now a days you get famous from a sex tape. It seems sex is more open now...hit songs, tv shows, celebs looked up to in the media are all sex symbols, etc. and it seems the younger generation like kids and teens are more familiar with sex than they were back in the 80s (yea im sure teens had sex, but they didnt have paris hiltons sex tape everywere and shows like teen mom, music from Lil wayne, etc. to make the rate go up). Is it just me? Comparing the 80s society to todays, whats changed?
It seems like everything was sex, rock n roll, comedy sitcoms, roller rinks, etc. back in the 80s...now its sex, almost all my friends are bisexual and open more than ever, our generations chart topping ghetto rappers singing about head-sex-weed-money-strip clubs-lesbians. Trashy shows, Blow jobs have slang words that rappers introduced to our generation as "becky", "teddy" etc. 17 years olds are alchoholics, teens shooting up schools/suicide due to cyber bullying, etc. please answer if you know what your talking about (if your from the 80s or somehow know) Thank you.