Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bittorrent quicker than Newsgroups?

Bittorent my be quicker but the speed is superb than bittorrent in newsroups

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've seen some releases come out like 1 day after on torrent sites. Which is why i prefer torrents.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cwhat I see is a release comes up on a private IRC.
    What is IRC? How do you use this service? Is it hard to get into a private IRC? Thanks

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's lame to pay for Usenet if you don't have to. My ISP has a good news server.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I usually see stuff getting posted to usenet faster than torrent sites. Just because your favourite indexing site hasn't indexed it yet doesnt mean its not there.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i use usenet since 2 years, and i think that is the best solution for sharing till now !

if you don't wanna pay, try using your ISP, or at last free newssevers ..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've used both and ended up sticking with BitTorrent, because it seems that all the unlimited bandwidth & no monthly limited downloads, on Usenet, were pay-only services... Is this true? I have an NNTP server but can only get 8 GB a month, and that's just not worth the time. With BT, I get a consistent 5-10GB a day. With no limits, except the amount being shared.

Usenet did have some great rapidshare.de-like speed and consistency, but again the limits sucked.

Another thing about Usenet and sites like Rapidshare and Megaupload. Is although for small individual RAR files they're great. I find that I can quickly waste a lot of time decompressing, finding passwords, and deleting the originals, etc... With BT, I get 90% files in non-RAR format so it saves a bunch of time too...

I wanted to use Usenet because everyone says you can find so much more in it, but I will be honest I didn't find much, though I only gave it a few days, because I hit my 8 GB limit that month....

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, it's definitely slower to get files onto usenet than it is to get torrents. However, it's well worth waiting for, as I max out my 15mbps connection with usenet and rarely do so with torrents :-)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 1Bullet View Post
    If you are waiting for newsgroup info site to tell you when something has been posted you could be on a second generation copy by that time. If you don't do your own searches you are losing out.
    Well, I guess so... TV Shows like lost, prison break etc show up -immediately- everywhere, and usenet downloading is so much easier than BT, so I get that stuff from newsgroups.
    Shows like Mythbusters however, are not always posted to usenet in a hurry (at least I can't find them by searching/nzbsites). For those shows I resort to BT, because sooner or later (usually later) they turn up on the public bittorrent sites.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by madden player View Post
    :blink: hehehehe - maybe u should avoid trackers like torrentspy and demonoid.

I can download 350 - 700 MB tele rips in 5 to 10 mins (or less) with bittorrent, :huh: absolutely no need to pay for usenet to get speeds like that in my case. The pre times @ the top BT trackers can NOT be beat IMO, the only thing better than the elite trackers would be to have actual Scene axx.

Maybe you should try different trackers or different ISP.

paying for a service (usenet) that supplies you warez is lame anyways.

Never pay for File Sharing!
    Not my problem that you love good pre times. Usenet has every scene release thats on bittorrent and even more (how about every single nintendo ds release? And older stuff too, you never see that stuff at lame torrent trackers). And at least I know that everything will be available for around 70 days at full speeds unlike torrents that only work at high speeds for like a week. Usenet is a good reason why "Never pay for file sharing" is extremely lame (and everybody knows that you shouldn't pay for fake file sharing sites).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information