Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Transfer Interrupted!" problems

I just started running Limewire, and it seems to be working fine, but for a couple of key probs:

1) My uploads keep getting stalled out with "Transfer Interrupted!" messages. At first, they were just really slow (~6.0 KB/s alternating with 0.0 KB/s), which was annoying but doable. Then, about halfway thru the first song someone was trying to download, it started getting interrupted. They would keep reconnecting and being able to download another percentage point of the file, but then be interrupted again. Obviously this has got to be annoying for the person on the other end, and makes my shared files basically worthless. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

I'm at a university connected by ethernet (TI). I know that the univerisity blocked uploads of Napster when it was big (I could download but the sharing didn't work), could this be the problem here (Since it was at least going slowly at first, I thought it was ok)? Also, can I get around it by putting my IP address into the Forced IP slot in the options as if I'm behind a firewall? I tried this but it didn't seem to help. If anyone has any idea, please let me know.

2) Also, I'm wondering if my setup is messed up, 'cause even my downloads are really slow. As I said, I have an ethernet connection (yes, it's awesome), but the downloads are much, much slower than what I've seen in the past.

Thanks!
    ~alissa

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have exactly the same problem. Upload transfers are constantly interrupted; I'm on a cable modem, using the Mac version. Out of 100 attempts, maybe one will complete. I'm using Norton Personal Firewall but have allowed access on a Port for Limewire.

My downloads work OK, although I frequently see files that show up in search that I simply can never access.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the EXACT same problem. All my uploads time out with Transfer Interupted.
    Many people have tried to grab files, but the continuously get interupted after 1 or 2 %.
    This will continue until they eventualy get a file, or they give up. Those that get the
    files do so 1 - 2% at a time, and it takes forever!
    I have a Mac G4, OS 9.2.2, cable modem in perfect working order.
    No firewall. The pevious version of Limewire didn't have this problem.
    Any ideas?

I'm glad I'm not the only one that this is happening to. But, the rapidity of the resumption of the upload convinces me that the user trying to obtain the file isn't seeing the interrupted transfer and clicking on the resume button. It happens too fast for that.

I suspect this is part of the code in Limewire, perhaps related to the GET ANY command, where Limewire keeps trying to get a completed upload by visiting different "servers" - once it finds one, it needs to STOP and let the upload proceed.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, this is certainly an internal software bug. I have also noticed the reverse effect
    of the same bug. I have tried to download files in which I get a decent download speed
    followed by zero. This continues to alternate until the file is uploaded, but in the end
    I am really getting a 50% reduction in download speed or more.

On a side note, I have also noticed that I have been getting very poor connections
    to the net. I use "ELTON JOHN" as a bench mark.
    In previous versions of Limewire I would get over 1,000 hits.
    I have been trying this benchmark now for 3 weeks.
    I alternate between 100 and 500. Clearly something is not right.\

I hope the creators of this recent version know whats wrong and can correct it.
    I wonder if the PC side is having this same problem.

As it now stands, Limewire is nearly useless. I can't wait for a Mac version
    of Morpheus.

ClownFish

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yep, I agree. Everything after LimeWire 1.7 is crap; plus the newer versions have ads, plus spy ware built in. Just slow, clunky garbageware.

But, LimeWire 1.7 has been great and was a major improvement over Aimster, which would crash constantly in the middle of transfers, resulting in songs that never finished. I'm sure Aimster has joined Napster in the grave yard of dead technology. LimeWire will be next.

The good thing about Limewire for now is that it's based upon an open, public network. There's no way they can prevent 1.7 from working or "lock it out" of the network.

Just be sure not to delete your old installer and old version if you want tot est the newer version. But, trust me, don't bother.

I'll keep my eye out for Morpheus Mac.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I no longer have 1.7
    Where can I get a copy?

Clownfish

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Actually, I have been having exactly the same problems too with my uploads that other people are trying to get from me - they all just do about 1 % and then they say "Transfer Interrupted". It's very frustrating. I've seen quite a few people give up on trying to get things from me, although one person I saw did persist and get the whole file, which was nice.

Also, in reply to the previous poster's question, about where to get older versions of LimeWire from, I saw on the Troubleshooting FAQ that you can go to http://limewire.gnutelliums.com/x.x and just replace the "x.x" in that address with the version number you want. I hope this helps. I'm gonna install LimeWire 1.7 (which I'm downloading now) and see if it helps completing uploads. Thanks all,

Arko

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just another note to say that I'm using a Mac too, like a lot of you guys who've posted here. I'm using Mac OS 9.2.1, with a 56k modem. Thanks,

Arko

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just to reply to ClownFish's message about getting less hits for that test: You've probably already thought of this, but do you have the Quality and Speed settings in the searching category in the options box set to show you all the results, like even the one star quality links and the modem connection links? Just though this might help, just in case you hadn't thought of it already. Thanks,

Arko

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information