Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why do people use this network?

yes , eMule is very good for rare files but also good for the newer ones , i have seen that sometimes latest stuff are seen there even before the torrents ... tho its slow but its still one of the best around , far better than Gnutella Network ... but the problem nowadays is that there have been many fake servers around

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bitorrent and Emule are each on the other side of the spectrum, they compliment eachother perfectly. Bittorrent delivers new releases with high speed but the variety of the files is very limited unless you know a lot trackers I don't know of. Emule is just the huge library where everything get thrown in and is perfect for rare stuff. You really can't expect fast downloads if each user is sharing hundreds or thousands of files at the same time.
    There is one rule to follow with Emule: Just leave it running 24/7. The creditsystem in Emule is pretty good and you can further help speeding up your downloads if you set your currently downloading files to "Release" upload priority.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I seriously want to know. The queues are so long that I have to wait weeks before I get anything. Even when I do, I am automatically shoved back to #4981 after about five or so megs downloaded. False servers with bogus files outnumber the decent ones, and every user I've ever contacted is a serial leecher. Connection speeds are roughly 0.02 KB/s

Yet, despite all of that, this is the most popular network. Yes, I can see why people wouldn't use, say, fasttrack or bittorrent instead, but there are much better networks for free. I can get a download speed of 98.4 KB/s that last until the file is done after about two minutes of queues in Gnutella2, but, for some arcane reason, everyone decided to upload all their files onto the edonkey network.

Everyone I've asked has said things around the lines of "Well, yeah, it blows, but it's the only network with good files, so suck it up." Why, in that case, don't people simply take the files and put them on better networks?

There must be a reason to use this bloated, festering thing. Please tell me what it is.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can also testify for getting rare stuff on the eMule network. Atm I'm getting something that is basically no longer existant on the BT networks.

Oh and yes, the speeds do suck. The speeds very suck.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The only reason I use it is to get the rare items you wont find anywhere else. Ive always tried to stay on razorback2 is its the best out of the bunch. I make sure ports are fowarded correctly because if theyre not most of the better servers like razorback2 wont even let you on and if they do you wont be seen properly and your ul will be shit so your seen as a leech and then your dl will suck or something to that effect. Generally even the rare item can be got in a day although Ive found that the weekends are the best times on the network...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Another rare files person here...

Emule is definately the place to get really old stuff, like corny 1970's sci fi :blushing:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

my prefs:
    emule: rare stuff, slow
    azureus: common stuff, new stuff, big files. fast!
    limewire pro: common stuff. fast!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    The only reason I use it is to get the rare items you wont find anywhere else.
    You and everyone else. :cry1:

But, if the only reason is to get rare files, why is this the most poopular network? What appeals to people so much that they use it above all others?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Its simple...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It has some of the most rare stuff.Take a month or two to get it but in the end you get it.I dont suggest it for some thing you might want,but for something you really want then this is it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information