Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

'Thank You' Hack is Back

It still won't count it though.
    There's just no real way to do that without a huge rewrite of the way the forum works.

'Thank You' Hack is Back

it works

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

'Thank You' Hack is Back

the bottom line is how does a noob like me improve his ratio as i like to contribute but am not sure how re NZBs is there a forum thread specific to the subject

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

'Thank You' Hack is Back

The Thank You hack has been re-enabled, but not as it was before.

For those that don't know what the 'Thank You hack' is, it's a peice of code installed in the NZB section that makes it so leechers must post in a thread (with a thank you) before they can download the NZB within it.

There are some new rules for the hack now:
    • In threads less than 48 hours old, Thank You's are required from everyone before being able to grab an NZB
    • A leecher (see next point) must post a Thank You in any thread before they are able to grab the NZB
    • Those labelled as leechers are those with an NZB Grab:Post ratio greater than 20:1. (for every 20 grabs you make, 1 NZB should be posted).

Also, the bug that stopped members with zero posts from grabbing NZB files is now fixed. (They'll be taken to the posting page).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

'Thank You' Hack is Back

Quote Originally Posted by 4play
    how about adding it so you cant bump a thread once its over a certain age. Its caught me out a few times already.

The dave chappel dvd thats months old that just got bumped for instance.
    If that was enabled, then if we added a new episode to that thread it would be on like page 4 or 5 rather than being bumped for a new episode.

There is a small work-around that Rossco made for that reason, there is a link at the top of the forum list that allows you to sort by "Thread Start Date" rather than by last post. This helps me alot for posting, as well as I think it will help you out alot for that problem as well.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

'Thank You' Hack is Back

As one of the NZB posters I really like the improved thank you hack. Great work!

As for the games section I'll be posting a lot more stuff soon, mostly RELOADED and DEViANCE releases as there the only two groups you can really trust right now. Personaly the only reason I don't post much in that section is because it's really hard to find some nice cover art. I have this thing of posting nice cover art in movies, many know what I mean. Amazon is good somtimes but they sometimes f-up the pictures really bad so that puts me off. Expect at least 12 news games coming soon to the games section from yours truely soon.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

'Thank You' Hack is Back

Quote Originally Posted by Damnatory
    There is a small work-around that Rossco made for that reason, there is a link at the top of the forum list that allows you to sort by "Thread Start Date" rather than by last post. This helps me alot for posting, as well as I think it will help you out alot for that problem as well.
    That's exactly what I was going to say he should use.

Also, a new feature I added last night for all future NZB posts is they will show the age of the post right in the threads list to the right of the title/subject so you know how old it is before you even go into the thread.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

'Thank You' Hack is Back

there is at least one stickied thread detailing how to make nzbs most newsreaders now seem to have the capability it just depends which software you're using to download try highlighting posts and right-clicking to see what context menu options there are or check out the program's menus just one more thing why not try adding punctuation to your posts it makes them so much easier to read

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

'Thank You' Hack is Back

Using the form and merging will work though you only need 0.10 in stats so if youve got that anyway its up to you...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

'Thank You' Hack is Back

Sounds nice. Maybe we get more NZB posts

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information