Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: eMule sucks!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

eMule sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by tt00 View Post
    emule rocks . You must not know how to use it... LOL
    you must not have read the OP. i win, you lose.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

eMule sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by burtz View Post
    ed2k network isn't for everyone. it's protocol design is unique that it makes downloading slower (at least for the first days of usage) but it does ensure that everyone completes the file. it's just like seeding a torrent to a 1:1 ratio. i always use it when something like a movie, record or even applications comes to my mind and i can't find it within trackers. so for me, it doesn't suck.
    Who told you that? Do you even know anything about ED2K? Only reason it is slow now because of piece of shit emule client as it is used by majority of users with very large queue system. After that many other things also effects it. For example the number of source and the total allocation bandwidth per slots also user modifier and credit system.

Now don't get me wrong I don't download from ED2K its way to slow, I download only from iRN or Use/BlackNET and share over iRN/ED2K.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

eMule sucks!

wow this thread is still alive? geez, i didn't expect that :P

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

eMule sucks!

eMule
    Lets say I want to share a semi large file, 144MB and I have a 30K connection and 16 people are wanting the file. eMule will break this file into 16 parts of 9MBs each. Now, instead of uploading the entire file to one person at a fast speed, I upload to about 8 users at a slower speed. Each of these people should be downloading a different part of the file. Once these initial uploads recieve 9MB, I send them back to the queue and start uploading to the other 8 users. Since those first 8 users recieve 9MB (or a complete chunk), they now start uploading that chunk to everyone else wanting the file. When the second set of 8 users finish downloading 9MB, they are put back on the queue. Now, if everyone downloaded a different 9MB chunk from me, I have just uploaded 16 chunks (The whole file) into the network and could even unshare the file since I also now have 16 users helping me share it. Now, this means that everyone gets the files slower, but they ALL get the file even if I leave the network.. So, lets say after uploading 300MB of the file, I disconnect. Then after I disconnect, more people want to download that file. Although there isn't anyone in the network with the full file yet, they can still get it because they find the 16 other sources of that file still on the network. Then they themselves quickly become sources for others that want it.

Other networks
    Again, I want to share a semi large file, 144MB and I have a 30K connection and 16 people are wanting the file. I start uploading that file to one of the people wanting the file. This persons downloads at pretty fast speed.. But, when he finishes the download, he disconnects so he can use it. I upload to the next person real fast and he completes it. He stays on a bit and begins to share it to one other users. I also begin to upload to the next user.. But I disconnect at 300MB.. This leaves only one person able to share that file in the network and this person doesn't stay on long either since he has the complete file. Now, only two people got the whole file, and 2 others only have part of the file. The file is now dead to the network and nobody else can get it.
    -by Unknown1, admin of the official emule project board.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

eMule sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by suppli3r View Post
    dont like emule is so slow
    yeah it has a great momentum but in the end it's efficient

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

eMule sucks!

emule is the best for rare stuff for sure.. i have been using it for years, longer than any private tracker..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

eMule sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by samwise2206 View Post
    yeah it sucks. i joined ED a few years ago paid $20.00 for it. very slow speeds. i emailed them and told them i would like my money back like they said i could have if not satisfied. got the runaround about how it was up to someone else who they didnt even have an email addy for. lol
    You paid for it? Idiot...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

eMule sucks!

First of all I have read that before ages ago, Second of all learn to read this forum before you google emule board posts. Its clear you didn't understand what I was saying but ironically you agreed with me by posting that. Matter of fact if you go in emule forum now you can see me talk about the chunk size unless they removed it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information