Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

ScT closing down

Man I hate to see it go. I'll prolly start using SCC more...but they don't have the .75 d/l mutiplier.
    And life goes on...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

ScT closing down

it's not a rumor, it's real. what a pity.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

ScT closing down

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    That's not the least bit funny btw.
    Also I know enough to not open believe anything until I see it like ScT closing or ScT version 2 for that matter.
    What's not funny?

And yeah, totally agree about being sceptical about everything until it actually happens...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

ScT closing down

Please calm down, ScT will not close.

And if closes there will be an alternative with the same staff.

ScT closing down

Discussions are still underway and the coders are hard at work. At this stage there are a good number of ex-ET members, and Ex-ScT Staff, Uploaders and high ranking users involved.

Make no mistake we will be aming for great pretimes, more packs than ever and a fast reliable tracker

-> Whilst some of you have found another home we hope you will return to unite with other ScT members once the tracker is up. As for those who are unable to find a new home for various reasons we also hope you stick around until we open our doors

-> When the message went out ScT would be going down we went straight into action and made a backup of the site.

In the 12h before ScT went down we were able to scrape the following data:

- All User Profiles
    - All Comments From Active Torrents
    - All Descriptions From -ScT Torrents
    - All Forum Posts 2005-Present (Inc Continuum)
    - All ScT Memorabilia (Prank Calls, Wallpaper Comps, Year 1, 2, 3 NFO's, ect.)

Stay Tuned And Thankyou For Your Support.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

ScT closing down

That's sux. SCT is 1 of best.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

ScT closing down

Quote Originally Posted by CPC464 View Post

they also earned a damn lot of money through idiots donating to increase there rep on forums.

sct was a cash cow.
    It may have been, but without knowing exactly how much their outlay's were etc you'll not know exactly how much they 'made' after they paid all that was required from their donations, maybe it wasn't as big a cash cow as everyone thinks, except for the figures being banded about towards the end, that they have supposedly 'ran away' with.

At the end of the day, no-one forced any member to donate, sure people would do so if offered enough incentive but like you say yourself, were they donating because they wanted what was best for the site? Or because they wanted their 'rep' to improve?

Quote Originally Posted by waeldiab View Post
    What I believe that sct will not close down. I think its a christmas gift for all the members that they will shift u guys to V2.and they will close the old one
    Quote Originally Posted by NiKRuLeZ View Post
    Why would they announce they are closing and for people to make posts like sct user invitation to this and that site. They wouldn't just allow their users who all nearly have seedboxes to go to another site. They dont seem to be stopping people from joining other sites...so if it is a joke its turning out to be a very bad and costly one.
    Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post
    Mild Mental Retardation-About 85 % of persons that are Mentally Retarded fall into this group------>IQ level 50-55 up to about 70.

Moderate Mental Retardation-About 10 % of persons that are Mentally Retarded fall into this group------>IQ level 35-40 to 50-55

Severe Mental Retardation-About 3 % to 4 % of persons that are Mentally Retarded fall into this group-------->IQ level 20-25 to 35-40.

Profound Mental Retardation- About 1 % to 2 % of persons that are Mentally Retarded fall into this group-------->IQ level below 20 or 25.
    Have to admit... I thought that this was going to be one almighty wind up when I first read it. After seeing the screenshots of the V2.0 ScT then I thought that there may have been something else in the offing for the members, but now that it seems the 'ScT Orphans' are flocking to both TL and ScT then either one of 2 things are happening.... the 'wind up' has monumentally back-fired and even if there IS a new V2.0 then some of the members might not appreciate the joke and not bother going back... or 2, despite the best wishes and hopes of many ScT members... it definitely IS the end...

And sez... doesn't make me a retard for thinking this... I'm just not excluding any possibilities until it actually happens...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

ScT closing down

Quote Originally Posted by kooftspc11 View Post

youre in norcal you have until noon on sunday dumbass
    Thanks for the tip, A**HOLE...merry X'mas

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

ScT closing down

* Topic is '[ScT IRC] News : Site Closing - Sunday 29th Nov 2009 10PM GMT. RIP SCT - 25/08/05 - 29/11/09'

Damn what a bad day

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

ScT closing down

new announcement:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information