Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

a few questions, Mac User

hey guys,

I am totally new to this forum and to Usenet so sorry if I ask some simple and stupid questions, please don't be too harsh on me

anyways...

I have a MacBook. I decided to try out Usenet because I heard some cool things about it.

First, I looked around and tried to find the best Usenet client for Mac, since NewsLeecher is only Windows based, and came across Unison. Here's my first question, what are your suggestions as far as the Mac Usenet clients go? Are there better ones than Unison?

Second, I signed up for 1 month Unlimited service at Newshosting.com. What do you guys think about that? Is it a good service?

Now, I setup Unison with the Newshosting, works nice and fast. What I am trying to do is to find some music, movie, and tv shows that I want to download. I looked in few binary groups but couldn't find anything that I needed, some bogus stuff would seem to come up. So here's my main concern, am I using the Usenet incorrectly? Or am I looking in the wrong places? Because I can't seem to find anything. Could you please point me in the right direction?

For example, I'd like to download Episode 2 of Kitchen Nightmares which just came out 2 days ago or so. Where and how can I find it? Please help!

Thank you guys in advance, I'd really appreciate some hints and tips on how to work Usenet and be able to find files I want on it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

First of all, as a Mac user myself, I came across the same thing when I first got started. I too chose Unison because like you said, all of the "good" programs were only for windows. Well, Unison is a great program and I have never had any problem with it.

As far as finding documents. What you really should be search for are NZB files. filesharingtalk has a great NZB link, located under the Newsgroup section. This is better than searching the newsgroups themselves because it puts the files together, there are also other great NZB sites (some of which are paysite, but the fee is pretty small, I paid 2 dollars for a 2 month membership).

If you use filesharing NZB sites, it will give you a great definition of the document you are trying to download.

Hope this helps.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

thanks buddy! it helps, I am getting used to it more and more.

as far as Unison goes, did you buy it after the trial expired?

also, could you give some examples of decent NZB sites? I'd really appreciate it.

There's also http://www.binsearch.info for the NZB searches.
    I've also use Unison and have purchased it. It's great. You might want to try http://UsenetServer.com It's only $14 a month for unlimited downloading, and it helps this site out if you click the banners above. It's what I use, and it's been great.

-Antwan L.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

http://newzleech.com/ Is another great nzb site. Use the browse groups option to see more content.

If you are after tv shows you can try http://www.tvnzb.com/

Although most are right here at filesharingtalk before they are there

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

thank you guys for much help!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information