Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

What do you think of "tracker invite" forums?

What the f*** is T.I ?

Torrent invites or something ? .net ? .org ? .com ?

lets play the hangman

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

^^ Bravo!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    well?
    http://filesh are freak.com/2009/04/28/thepirat esociety-opens-regist ration-for-a-lim ited-time/

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    I'm just curious what you guys think of tracker invite forums, like TI, TR, whatever. I always see them advertised as a invite forum "built on community", which I feel like a load of crap. I have joined a couple of them from reading blogs and have left with a sour taste in my mouth. Here are some of my thoughts:

1. Single minded thought train, no individual opinion

All the posts I see are "good idea", "good post", "well said", "this is a good post", yadda yadda yadda. Every post is in support of another post, and there never seems to be any actual arguing or speaking out. Every one seems to be kissing each other's ass, and I never really see people really express individual, unique opinions. How do you build a community based only on everyone agreeing?

2. Quality of posts degenerate

Everyone is out for themselves. In every GA post requirement is a must, and it becomes a given in a forum like that that more posts = better reputation. It feels like everyone is in a rat race to build up posts, and I've rarely, if ever see multi sentence/paragraph posts.

3. Quality of members degenerate

The only people that join these places seem to be, well, collectors desperately on the lookout for more invites. They read the blogs and constantly pounce on any invite site to inflate the ranks with more people just purely seeking out to collect trackers as their primary ambition. They seem to be the generic member who can never quite put a sentence together, always seem to go "plz can i has this invite i want it for community thx in advance". There posts are less than useful and it seems like all that's on their mind is getting more invites.

4. Witch hunt against traders

I have seen some of the report threads against traders, and boy are they brutal, especially if a notable member starts the thread. It turns into an all out witch hunt, with almost no regard as to whether the person is actually innocent. I realize that trading is bad for a tracker, but these people take it to the next level. They hunt him down, try to find his IP's, and ask anyone who is in those trackers to report him, in an attempt to get him banned. Maybe this isn't terrible, but what if hes innocent? I saw the other day a topic made saying that the OP "was sorry" for a previous report he made, and that he was mistaken. Another prominent member came in and said that, the members there would be willing to help him in any way, and would try to get him any invite for a site he was banned from. This really exemplifies this "witch hunt aspect". Since it's a given to just believe what someone says to kiss up to them and in order to not speak out, they automatically assume the accused is guilty. And when a thread comes out saying "I'm sorry, I was wrong", it may already be too late. The damage is already done.

5. Staff

It may be wrong to judge people by the quality/spelling/punctuation of their posts, but on many of those sites it just seems like the staff is too lazy to put a basic sentence together. Half the spelling is completely wrong, and the other half of the time I have to read a post 2-3 times just to understand what he was saying. Maybe I shouldn't judge like this, but it makes me really wonder what kind of people run this place. And then I see staff/moderators with signatures such as "Looking for ftn, if you have please help me". Honestly, I feel like that reduces them down to any other member there. Just like the normal members who join the sites, they are just the same, creating/modding a forum just for the sake of "sucking up" and hopefully getting into a dream tracker. Maybe its just me, but I feel like any sort of staff should never be desperately asking for invites like that in their signature.

How do you create a "community" like that?

Thoughts?
    QFT :happy:

i absolutely despise such places, and i've been a part of a few in the past.
    Your first point is particularly correct, you couldn't see such discussions as you see here at FST, for example.
    But the worst part is that some of those people come criticise FST exactly because of that point of view, when it is clearly a major plus for this site. Like it or not.

I don't know why are you?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post

Yep, people who get offered 30$ and decide that it's all OK that such a person stays in such a forum. After all he knew invite sellers were there.

Had it happened here you'd have reported him. And you know it. :whistling EDIT: Before you were a mod, I mean.
    Of course I would have proceeded as you said.
    Here I care, there I didn't. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Slickerey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    Yep, people who get offered 30$ and decide that it's all OK that such a person stays in such a forum. After all he knew invite sellers were there.

Had it happened here you'd have reported him. And you know it. :whistling EDIT: Before you were a mod, I mean.
    Otherwise he would ban them with his banhammer powers.
    Really, I try to avoid using it as much as I can. See TvControlsYou.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

:frusty:

Skittles? No way. :lol:

I'd be up for an ok-ish community with a couple of good fellows in it. I've heard that CFS's reviews are very detailed, which is something I want to see.
    I thought they were going to take them done considering that many site staff were opposed to them?
    Btw in your case what is the point of a review anyway .Review can't tell you word one of whether or not you would like a "community"

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Heh, the case of the guy that put up an invite forum just to get inside BCG is well-known. Proof of how low some people are willing to go just to get an invite. :huh:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    I apologize for interrupting the discussion but how many of you know about ********. This is an invite-forum which sells accounts to members for 15$ each, and the funny thing about it is that they don't allow traders in their community.. look how fuckud up the politics of the bt have became. Everything is starting to became so false and interest-based
    yeah, and if you pay extra, you can become a "vip" there. :01: still, the title or the membership there don't entitle no one for the invites to anywhere and if they'll find out the trading history, the person will likely to be banned. but for other things.. i pointed at the guy who asked for a new mv invite when he found out himself disabled at the tracker for whatever reason. they just closed the thread. no problem, such kind of users are okaaaay (maybe as long as they're vips). still, the site don't hold the breath trying to catch any site reps opinions so even that i can't say that the forums are good etc, there's less feelings of being at the jailhouse yard while big brother is watching you like at tps. there's no ideal forum, and the only criteria is how many decent folks are there and what they're posting... if markup master could be active, i really think that ic could stay unbeatable...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Most invite forums are okay if you ask me. I don't like the ones that are very secretive such as CFS and RiSE. Many of them are full of members who are full of themselves. I don't like the way many invite forums operate. Many of them are also full of members that do nothing but kiss each others' asses. I've heard many good things about ETIV, but it's just not for me.

There are other invite forums that are even more secretive (and interesting) which I hear about repeatedly.
    they must be really secretive:unsure:, cuz I haven't heard any of them :mellow:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information