Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

FTN opened the doors!

nothing, if they would bother hading out invites to non-donors too.
    I'm pretty sure that they do, they just give them to donors first. I admit that they're treading a line, but they haven't crossed it yet. Given how solid they are, I'd be extremely surprised if they did. Comparing these guys to ScT is ridiculous, I think anyone who had both can testify to the glaring differences in personalities between the two. If anything, it gives them an opportunity to weed out douchebags, making room for some better users

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

FTN opened the doors!

Quote Originally Posted by antrax34130 View Post
    yes ftn has changed, and after it will be fsc and ...
    fsc will never go P2L or P2I just isn't going to happen and if you think that you obviously know very little about how that site is run.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

FTN opened the doors!

That given; I don't understand what the big deal is. While one may think that helping the tracker out by in-swarm activity and/or forum contribution, basically being a monumental member, should be the judgmental factor on whether invite privileges should bestowed on him/her; it's simply a false belief. Donations help the tracker just as much as any other sort of activity, if not even more. A tracker selling invites is nothing out of the ordinary and it's just what the BT world has come to. Simple as that; deal with it.
    The big deal is that the site is getting ruined.

I blame this on all parties.

Traders: Your the reason this has gotten this bad, as there is almost no legitimate invites being put to use.

FTN: You shouldn't have given invites out to donors only, rather for a site that rare you should had staff go around a recruit (just one idea I came up with).

Legitimate users: Stop referring people that request ftn to gft. That is the poison that the traders thrive off of. Ftn needs legitimate members more than gft does at this point in time. We must adjust to bad decisions trackers make and as a community try to fix them.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

FTN opened the doors!

I wouldn't mind donating, to keep the site cost up. Its a site of different colors ^^.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

FTN opened the doors!

Quote Originally Posted by Tv Controls you View Post
    The big deal is that the site is getting ruined.

I blame this on all parties.
    How can you justifiably say that the site is getting ruined? Weren't the invites only given out yesterday? I fail to see how the site could have been ruined in that short space of time.

As has been previously mentioned, what's the harm in giving donors, effectively those who keep the site running financially, an incentive in so far as allowing them to invite someone they should hopefully know to join the tracker/community?

No-one is daft enough to think that it will ONLY be good users who are now able to join FTN, everyone knows there will be traders etc managing to find their way there now, but wasn't that always the case? Admittedly it may be slightly easier for them to do so now, but would I be wrong in thinking that the vast majority of those who do this are simply collecting and will eventually fade away anyway if it doesn't suit them anyway?

The way you seem to be talking just now, it will only be bad users, or traders, or whatever else that joins up... what abut the new members who actually WILL be good for the community/tracker? Why not focus on those?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

FTN opened the doors!

Gosh, by the thread title i though FTN was with open signups or something. :shutup:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

FTN opened the doors!

cat and dog

FTN opened the doors!

I have heard FTN is faster and has much better retention,more secure than GFT,this is one of the reasons people want it

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

FTN opened the doors!

I'll just let your own statement soak in as you don't seem to understand your own words.

You have acknowledged seeding is a favor by stating that it isn't a favor, but rather it is just expected.....

How can I be wrong when I have already acknowledged these exact points in my earlier posts?

Awaiting your response in which you misconstrue every single word in your statements to have an alternative meaning.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

FTN opened the doors!

... and I'm sure its members would agree this...:unsure:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information