Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

FTN opened the doors!

Now all donors get invites! Hope it helps the site survive.

I've gone ahead and given everyone who's donated at least 10 euro's an invite, and in some situations you received more than one if you went above and beyond. We're still evaluating the "donor perks" thread and will decide whether or not we want to go that route and update you on the status of that when we come to a final decision.

I will however continue to hand out invites to donors from here on, but please be aware that if you are caught abusing this privilege you and your inviter and invitees will suffer severe consequences.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

FTN opened the doors!

my point wasn't every good user should get an invite, although i suppose it came that way. I was rather trying to compare invite policy now w/ what it was 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueSounds View Post
    I wonder if the new invited users are getting invites, cause I see some are donating.T hat would be pushing the sketchiness, cause they have not had time to familiarize with the site, and I doubt they've even read the rules yet.
    i invited someone there, he donated and got an invite i think (can't say for sure). that was well a longg time ago.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

FTN opened the doors!

No, no. You misunderstood me. I'm the idealist on trackers always asking whether traders are getting the easy end of the stick or not. I was just wondering if it's actually as big a problem as people make it out to be when FTN is the tracker in question.

I always think that traders are a poison slowly killing a tracker from the inside; Examples: the situation with HDBits (with their stagnant activity, till invites are open) or when ScT shut down and the IRC was pure chaos under trading activity. But in this case, I just can't understand how the trading is such a big problem. It's not unheard of to hear people saying things like "There's currently only 30 FTN invites out there" and I seriously doubt those people are stupid enough to trade them away.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

FTN opened the doors!

How can I be wrong when I have already acknowledged these exact points in my earlier posts? :blink:

Quote Originally Posted by Burnsy
    I'm not saying seeders efforts are any lesser in value towards the site than those who donate financially to the running costs, I fully acknowledge seeders are effectively the life blood of the the tracker in so far as they NEED to be there to share files
    Are you even reading what I'm posting? :P

My point is... there's nothing wrong with rewarding those who want to donate financially and offer a little extra, remember... they're seeding too from either seedboxes or the same home connection as you with their own ISP charges too...

And your comment about it not being a members problem... well I agree and disagree with you, as stated in my last post...

If all you're after is a tracker then there are thousand's to choose from and it's not your problem if the bills don't get paid...

If you feel as though you belong to the community there, and the tracker is only secondary to why you use the site, then I'm afraid not being able to pay the fee is everybody's problem. Sure it might not be your fault there's no money to pay... but the community's still going to disappear regardless

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

FTN opened the doors!

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    In the end ftn is a tracker like many other trackers out there, in fact ftn isn't particularly fast on pre's (it was once). Yet I notice not a single person has mentioned what kind of tracker ftn is or it's content, only the level, and how much the collectors would donate a body part or family member. You can't even play the community card, because everyone there is too busy being 'leet' for having the membership to be friendly.
    News of the day kiddies, it's a tracker, if you believe belonging to it will in anyway enhance you as a person, you desparately need to re-evaluate your belief structure.
    QFT.. couldn't have summed it up better.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

FTN opened the doors!

:lol:

Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    For the record, there is no donate-to-receive-an-invitation system at FTN.
    I will however continue to hand out invites to donors from here on
    :w00t:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

FTN opened the doors!

I earn my one days!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

FTN opened the doors!

btw, is the tracker even worthwhile the effort people do to get in?

or is it all about status?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

FTN opened the doors!

Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    GFT sells their invites too.
    And yet, there are ways to obtain an invite without donating. I'm simply pointing this out. The same applied for ScT; while donating ensured you an invite, the staff always granted good members invites to bring in new blood. It wasn't unheard of that people who never donated were sitting on 10 ScT invites with no intention of giving any of them out.

The same applies to PTN (where I got an invite to use at my discretion just for a post); HDBits (where staff allow respected members to bring friends in, when the open invites was canceled, and continue to do so) etc. However, the problem here stems from the fact that FTN invites are donor exclusive.
    ______

That given; I don't understand what the big deal is. While one may think that helping the tracker out by in-swarm activity and/or forum contribution, basically being a monumental member, should be the judgmental factor on whether invite privileges should bestowed on him/her; it's simply a false belief. Donations help the tracker just as much as any other sort of activity, if not even more. A tracker selling invites is nothing out of the ordinary and it's just what the BT world has come to. Simple as that; deal with it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

FTN opened the doors!

Quote Originally Posted by gamer08 View Post
    HI
    EVERY ONE SEE THE LAST news IN THE HOME PAGE

I SAW

I'll be honest and say that I was pretty worried that this was the beginning of the end,

EVERY ONE REMEMBER SCT (DOUBLE DONATED)
    THEN CLOSE

FTN GET INVITE TO DONAR AND THE DONATION INCREASE
    THEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CAN FTN CLOSE
    I 'm glad that FTN is opening it's doors so that others of your obvious insight and intelligence will be able to join.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information