Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Cmundley

What would George Washington, or Abraham Lincoln think about Obama?

If they were still alive of course

Rob
    like we are physic or something, and if you are looking for a gushy gush moment here then you are in the wrong place

Pyar
    In their times things were so different , they probably wouldn't even understand the problems we have today .

chuk4
    They would wonder how he came to where he is now. They would wonder if they are still in the United States. Unfortunately most of all, they would sit in astonishment as to what our politicians have been allowed to do and their blatant attacks on our Constitution. They would cry about the perversion that was and is allowed by the very people who's ancestors fought and died for. They would be utterly disgusted and sickened at our politicians. Why do you think they advocated limited Government as to only the necessities in the first place?

search light o
    This guy kind of looks like jackson

Tonia B
    Since I am not able to communicate with the dead nor am I one for speculating about what other people are thinking; I'd guess it would be safe to say that I do not know.

divineintervener
    I think George Washington along with all of our founding fathers would be disgusted to see what they're experiment in a freer and less invasive government has become. Republican, Democrat, Obama, Bush. It doesn't matter. They all have drifted very far from the ideals of George Washington.

ugotthat
    I think Lincoln might be proud of what his legacy has accomplished.
    It might have happened a lot sooner were he still alive.
    Washington as a slave owner might be a little shocked. Well alright downright dismayed.

kagmi
    I think they'd have to spend quite a lot of time getting used to the modern U.S. first. It's nothing like it used to be, and they'd have to understand the economics and history and everything before they could really render any judgments about modern politicians.

Mary
    They would be appalled to have a black man in the White House that was not a slave. I think George W. owned slaves. Abe L. wanted to free the slaves but never imagined they would take over the government. Even worse they would hate the fact he refuses to honor our county's flag and national anthem.
    I personally admire Obama for his courage and persistence in his run for the presidency. Times have changed and history will tell if this is a good or bad presidency. Let us not prejudge because of color.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information